ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

Golf GTD Mk7
wow, only just noticed the damage. Arp bolt failure? Presumably the head is ok apart from marked valves on cylinder 3?

182cup & 172 racecar
This thread is now 2 years old! How time flys.

Overdue a title change seeing as its not a build thread any more, suggestions?
How to spend loads of money thread

wow, only just noticed the damage. Arp bolt failure? Presumably the head is ok apart from marked valves on cylinder 3?
Jonny you is sharp.

Do I need to change my rod bolts on my stock (ITB) engine?
Might be a good idea,but don't forget that engine had done over 90k and was down on compression from day one on cylinder 3,Fred checked it.

Do you have to fit an additional pump or replace the std one fitted?

Burpspeed 2012 Going for A WIN!!
Thanks Mike.

david hodson

ClioSport Club Member
So rod bolts are also week on F4R , are they the same as F4RT engines as we have had failures on them on meganesport (not proven 100 percent)

Clio 182 Race Car
What about Clio Under New Test System "in competition" I would then join in! Its a bit lengthy as a title so we could just use the first letters of the first five words - whadayathink?

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
mitsiman , will you be doing a build thread or do you not want to give too much away to the burpsters ? lol

172 Race Car
are you going to rev it constantly to 7,800rpm for the next 30 hours? remember this is race car. we never drive it to the shops

Clio 182 Race Car
mitsiman , will you be doing a build thread or do you not want to give too much away to the burpsters ? lol
Burpsters can ask me anything and they will get an honest answer; they know that - I just dont have the time to give a thread proper commitment, I much prefer keeping an eye on this one - they know more than I do about Clios! If it's OK with J&T then I will post the spec of my car and all the settings on this thread ( I might keep a few secrets!)

172 Race Car
Burpsters can ask me anything and they will get an honest answer; they know that - I just dont have the time to give a thread proper commitment, I much prefer keeping an eye on this one - they know more than I do about Clios! If it's OK with J&T then I will post the spec of my car and all the settings on this thread ( I might keep a few secrets!)
And you can ask us anything. we dont post everything that goes on. I see young Ashley is a Burpspeed.com update subscriber.

Clio 182 Race Car
I recon that you will gain more with cams but once I have a stronger bottom end then it gives us scope to improve on the top, I still think that the gearbox is the worst bit of the car but a cluster is soooo expensive - might as well buy a Teg