ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

172 Race Car
Spent the afternoon in the workshop getting the car ready for the next few races. We have Mallory Park and Silverstone back to back so had to make sure it was tip top. Gave it good spanner check and fitted another alternator bolt (that went AWOL at Silverstone)

The rear wheel bearings were making alot of noise late on at the trackday last week. But we never expected them to be THAT bad. They were new when we built the car so have done about 400 hours of track time at a guess. Sounds alot when added up. Going to give them a shorter life and replace them sooner in future. To make life easy we bought another set of discs with the bearings already fitted. Then we can replace the old bearings and keep them as a spare set. We have just over 300 hours left in the season so the new set should last us till the end of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Gods honest truth, I heard it on the first run I had in the car.

I didn't want to mention it incase you thought I was being a nob.

172 Race Car
I did too but didnt want to tell Tony. Kept it to myself.

He heard it but put it down to tyre noise

It got really bad late on tho

Qashcow
sounds very familiar to when my driveshaft died in europe. i knew it had but didnt want to admit it, until the steering wheel forced itself out my hand lol

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
sounds very familiar to when my driveshaft died in europe. i knew it had but didnt want to admit it, until the steering wheel forced itself out my hand lol

lol...i remember that conversation in the first layby we had to stop in...

not sure if it has been posted jay / tony but do you have the dates of your final lot of races please?

172 Race Car
Sorry mate, was on my phone so award to find/remember/write the dates out:

29th Aug Mallory Park
4th Sept Silverstone
17th Oct Snetterton
31st Oct Donington Park

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry mate, was on my phone so award to find/remember/write the dates out:

29th Aug Mallory Park
4th Sept Silverstone
17th Oct Snetterton
31st Oct Donington Park

NO WORRIES MATE I HAD A LOOK ANYWAYS, I AM SUPER BUSY OVER THE NEXT WEEK OR SO THEN SEPTEMBER SO OCTOBER MAY BE THE BEST OPTION

dam caps lock

172 Race Car
Meh, bunch of these and we will be fine

carrots_tallthin.jpg

Qashcow
well, i shall be at all of them to lend a hand guys, except silverstone at Jay knows. I'll grab some nightvision goggles for Donnington, not sure how we'll hack them about the helmets to make them fit though lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Get you on Twitter! lol.

All the best for tomorrow, text me the results. :)

182cup & 172 racecar
Anybody in the Midlands area with nothing to do tomorrow,come along to Mallory Park for tea and biscuits and say Hi.
Just about to wash and polish the car(half a second a lap you know) load up then I'm done.

FLOL Dave! Nice one ;)

See you all tomorrow chaps, should be a good day, let's hope the weather is on our side too!

What time is the race btw?

BG 225 lux + cup RST
hopefully i can pop down after the in-laws have cleared off lol

i live 7 mins from mallory so will be mad not to ;)