ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

ITB Hybrid+Cup+Scenic II
Great project - excellent read...

You might want to use an external bluetooth GPS receiver for the Racechrono software.
In most cases the internal GPS receiver is not updating fast enough resulting in uneven/non flowing linies when using the graphs in the software.

....Or so im told - i have had the opportunity to use the software yet myself...

Michael

172 Race Car
thanks Michael. yea an external reciver is the plan long term if we find the software usefull. we would probably get another pda also. this one is ok to test for now and we will see how it goes.

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
Looking forward to seeing the car in its full glory tomorrow guys!:D Jay you can tell me all about your new edition to the family!

172 Race Car
I cant wait till tomorrow, just about to go and put my stuff in the car. Were gonna be very busy I feel.

A few jobs to do on the car while were there and got to go shopping in Merlin for a few things.

I cant wait till tomorrow, just about to go and put my stuff in the car. Were gonna be very busy I feel.

A few jobs to do on the car while were there and got to go shopping in Merlin for a few things.

Looking forward to it too :)

See ya bright and early!

Qashcow
I need to do a bit of shopping too, can't wait to see the finished article. The both of you and everyone else involved have put so much effort into this car. See ya both bright and early

C

clvs2222

Looking good today at combe. Dont know if you had problems or just taking it easy out on track, but seemed to be struggling against the Megane.

Was going to come speak to you, but seemed busy.

25861_10150190479785057_664735056_12079546_2297763_n.jpg

25861_10150190479810057_664735056_12079549_6049784_n.jpg

25861_10150190479825057_664735056_12079550_340979_n.jpg

25861_10150190479840057_664735056_12079552_2918185_n.jpg

Qashcow
meggy very fast, clio's first time driven by both tony and jay. both very happy with it i'd say, but will let them comment :)

172 Race Car
I thought it was pretty even with the Megane tbh. He was coming off the corners well (LSD) we were on old/well worn tyres and he could drive.

You got to remember that that was the first time we had driven the car EVER! and our first trip to Combe.

We wern't there to 'own' everyone but to shake the car down and get some laps on it before racing at Brands in 2 weeks. It was a worthwhile trip as it highlighted a few smal issues.

Plus the alternator was dead in that sesson and the miniscule battery we have was almost flat

182cup & 172 racecar
Today was its first run out in the dry and yes we were taking it fairly steady.Its only a track not a race which some people seem to forget.Also we used it for testing mainly just to check suspension set up etc,all in all a good day.Thank's Matt at Stealthsport for the day.

clio went very well around the track , was going to come and give ya a push when you stalled in the pit , you wasn't far behind the meggy around the track either , almost seem'd the same as it wasnt pulling away from you and you werent over taking , the back end on the clio kept sliding when you were going into the quarry corner , some very good driving from both of you though

C

clvs2222

thought you wernt pushing it. Seemed to drive very nice. Who was it who got very sideways around quary on the first lap? That was epic to see! lol

172 Race Car
er that were me, rear tyres very cold. Kind of playing with it to see what it would do

Id of thought it was obvious that we were not going to be pushing it. We have spent 9 months building a car to race, our first race is in 2 weeks and has cost us alot of money to enter. Today was the first time we had driven the car. At combe (small runoff) at a 'car show' (well known for accidents) and it was a tack day not test day.

Why would we jepordise all our efforts when we dont need to.

172 Race Car
Who was it who got very sideways around quary on the first lap? That was epic to see! lol

This one?

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MLfYpZkr93g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MLfYpZkr93g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

53 Clio's & counting
Sounds even better inside the car that out mate!

Car looked great and nice to see ya, and yes my lil girl looks like me, she is blessed really :cool:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You can tell that thing is light/powerful!

Last time I did combe was in a standard engined clio and from coming out of quarry took an age! Your thing flew out when you floored it!

Cant wait to come and watch you race! :D:D:D:D:D

172 Race Car
24th April 2010 - First Track Test At Castle Combe

So as you know we had yet to drive the car on circuit and with our first race meeting at Brands Hatch fast approaching, we were contacted by fledgling company 'Steathsport' to accompany them to the Performance Car Action Day at Castle Combe.

A few prep jobs to do before we started and then it was Tony's job to take the car out for his first laps. Very, very steadily he made his way around in the 15 minuite session, learning about the car. A few small adjustments and it was my go.

As the session ended I noticed the battery light was on, I had no idea how long it had been on or what the problem was. Fearing it was the auxilary belt I switched off the engine and coasted for half a lap. I didnt want to cook the engine. Running out of momentum I started it again and drove to into the pit lane. All the cars were stopped so again switched it off. Then when the queue went I tried to restart and the enevitable had happened. A flat battery. Pushed into the paddock by the marshalls I checked the fan belt was still on and we then bump started it and drove back to our stand. A quick check with a multimeter confirmed the alternator regualtor had failed again!

We fitted the spare and both had another run. This one didn't last long either, we have a problem somewhere. Were not sure yet if its just dodgy components the alternators have been built with or a fault with the car. On my 2nd run I was much happier, much more confdent and really enjoyed the car. But with no more spare alternators that was the end of the day for us. We achieved what we set out to and that was to both drive the car on a circuit to get a feel for it and make sure we had no problems or things to adjust. Better to have the alternators failing now, rather than in a race.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wGWmKLUinfc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wGWmKLUinfc&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

ur megane r26
that megane was part of the group of lads I was with, think it is completely standard maybe wrong though, he did do really well out on track all day

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
This one?

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MLfYpZkr93g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MLfYpZkr93g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Well held! Jesus!

172 5HED
Epicness, just read from the start as me and some mates are making a ph1 track car, no where near as neat and well specced as this but gave me a couple of ideas!

Will be following this little beastie, top work!

Vee 6
Guy's, What make of shift light set is that ? Very visual unit that and like the position of it.

I need to get one, I was banging of my limiter all day yesterday.