ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

burning smell

Clio 1.2 16v
ok so i went to shell island camping last night ans like a total idiot went and got my car stuck in some depish sand.

anyway i managed to groupe up 3 people to help push it out..

i got in the car with 3 people pushing and the only way to get it to move was to give it some revs..

i managed to reverse it out in the ends but then this really bad burning smell was coming from the engine.. i opend the bonnet but couldnt see nothing what so ever that it could be

the smell was coming out of my blowers in the car aswell if i turned them on

Any ideas what this could be??... its gone now but still worried that something could be wrong somewhere...

Thanks

EDIT: if it helps my cars a 55plate mk2 ph2 1.2 16v

clio sport
I take it that by giving it some revs you mean you had the car engaged in gear and were trying to drive it out.
Sounds like you were riding the clutch and the smell you noticed will have been the friction material on the clutch burning.
You would have noticed the smell coming through yours blowers as you described.
As long as you weren't riding the clutch for a lenghtly period everything should be ok.
The only thing you would have done is wear your clutch a little.
If the car starts to loose power as you drive (clutch slipping) you will know its time for a new one to be installed.

Clio 1.2 16v
I take it that by giving it some revs you mean you had the car engaged in gear and were trying to drive it out.
Sounds like you were riding the clutch and the smell you noticed will have been the friction material on the clutch burning.
You would have noticed the smell coming through yours blowers as you described.
As long as you weren't riding the clutch for a lenghtly period everything should be ok.
The only thing you would have done is wear your clutch a little.
If the car starts to loose power as you drive (clutch slipping) you will know its time for a new one to be installed.

thanks for the quick reply, i managed to get it out in 5-7 mins maybee, no my clutch isnt slipping i dont think, would it be really noticable if it was slipping?