ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

burning smell

172 cup
hi just been out for about a hour & half in car & when i parked up thhere was a burning smell from rear drivers side wheel, it was also pretty hot, only got the car 2 weeks ago, the drums r painted so im wondering could that be it? any help would be great, cheers

MINI Cooper S
hi just been out for about a hour & half in car & when i parked up thhere was a burning smell from rear drivers side wheel, it was also pretty hot, only got the car 2 weeks ago, the drums r painted so im wondering could that be it? any help would be great, cheers

Did you check the other side to see if it was hot? Had you been ragging the brakes? lol

If not, as above, rear brake sticking.

172 cup
is it safe enough to drive 4 next few days? wouldnt be thrashing about just driving normaly, dont realy want to stick it in garage as im away monday & im not leaving car at garage for a month till i get home again.

is it safe enough to drive 4 next few days? wouldnt be thrashing about just driving normaly, dont realy want to stick it in garage as im away monday & im not leaving car at garage for a month till i get home again.

IMO get it fixed ASAP forget driving it round if you drive it round and its a stuck drum them you'll need new shoes plus idealy bled lines maybe new rear drum. Stupid IMo to keep driving it.