ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bulge on eagle f1 a2

BG 182
Whilst putting some air in my tires I noticed a 20p sized bulge on the side wall, just before the corner.

Obviously I'm annoyed because a) I'm no curb scraper and b) this means I now have to cycle everywhere for 2 weeks until I get payed :(

After looking on the net, it sees similar things have happened to people with eagle f1, damage prone sidewalls compared to other offerings maybe?

I'm not pointing the finger at the tire, but it seems weird how I've only ever used Michelin ps3 ( 8 total ) without a hitch prior to these, on the same roads, at the same speeds.

Or have I just lost my tyre wrecking virginity?

I bought these tyres and have them all round, I believe they are made in 2 different places and the ones from Germany being the better . It says on the sidewall where they are made .

i rate these tyres highly in both dry and wet .

Could just be unlucky? ....

But I've seen too many issues with the old F1 GS- D3 to think that was just coincidence. Five separate, but similar, sidewall bulge failures on three cars I knew of (mine + family/friends etc), but I've not personally known any issues with other brands either, so its unlikely to be coincidence IMO. It put me off buying goodyears ever again really. Shame as I'd since heared so many good things about the newer Asymetrics, and the 2's do seem to be one of the best road tyres out there at the moment. But hearing you say you have a sidewall failure with goodyears does make me wonder if they still design their tyres very "light" in the sidewall area?