ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Building a PC!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Immense guys, thank you so much for your input.

Let me update the shopping cart one final time.

Once everyone's in agreement I'll start the hunt to see if I can buy the same parts cheaper elsewhere.

Have a look on quid co if your not already signed up, hot uk deals usually has some good computer deals posted on there too.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Here you go:

d70acc03e6b491d791619f60defad925_zpsd896dbe7.gif

I'll buy the cheaper/faster memory from scan (eBay) as Gareth suggested.

Once built will the system fly?

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
If you can stretch to a i5 3570K processor then do that. And make sure it is retail otherwise it won't come with a cpu coller.

apart from that it looks good to me.

Another thing to consider perhaps is that HD7770 outperforms the 550Ti in most tests and is a similar price.

Uses less power too.

But yeah, I like the look of that.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Looks good to me, now just to find the cheapest as OC usually are quite dear.

Yes it will be very fast, our work machines cost half that and are very quick !

I would still get the arctic cooler for the sake of 15 quid, even if you get it a month or two after, maybe start with the retail heatsink and see what you think.

Sometimes the stock coolers are noisey, sometimes there not.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Another thing to consider perhaps is that HD7770 outperforms the 550Ti in most tests and is a similar price.

Uses less power too.

But yeah, I like the look of that.

Cool cheers mate...

Which one of the following 7770 cards (I can't tell if they're the same lol)?

5471d91bdf90a1bec3d86e1bc3b4452f_zpsf0ad3faf.gif

What's every one mean when they say 'retail' (from a CPU perspective)? Are they not all retail if bought from overclockers, scan, aria etc...

Retail means it will come with the standard Intel CPU cooler, OEM is just the chip on it's own. With a Sandybridge i would buy an aftermarket cooler, Intel used a rubbish method to dissipate heat through the IHS, and the stock cooler isn't great - if you want to overclock.

I recently just built:

i5 i3570k
ASRock z77 Extreme 4
8GB Corsair 1600mhz
OCZ 120GB SSD
OCZ 550w PSU

It's fantastic, performance per £ is amazing! My i3570 is running at 4.5Ghz with ease.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Retail means it will come with the standard Intel CPU cooler, OEM is just the chip on it's own. With a Sandybridge i would buy an aftermarket cooler, Intel used a rubbish method to dissipate heat through the IHS, and the stock cooler isn't great - if you want to overclock.

I recently just built:

i5 i3570k
ASRock z77 Extreme 4
8GB Corsair 1600mhz
OCZ 120GB SSD
OCZ 550w PSU

It's fantastic, performance per £ is amazing! My i3570 is running at 4.5Ghz with ease.

Cool!

What are the coolers like that come with the ivybridge?

Clio 172 Mk2
i wouldn't bother getting a network card or sound card mate unless you're big into high quality sound with decent enough speakers to show it. Onboard network will be perfectly adequate as will the sound i'd imagine

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Cool well I guess I could go without the one that comes with the CPU and if it's too loud upgrade.

Here's my cart as is :)

aaf156aafe68b5e709d527ad4a196843_zps301ff09f.jpg

Looking good?

Clio 172 Mk2
yeah pretty decent the spec you've built, you've chose some good stuff there. Personally if anything i'd go for a slightly cheaper case and up the memory to 8gb instead of the 4 you have at present

Clio 172 Mk2
it is a nice case you've chosen but a case doesn't mean that much to me. It sits under a desk so as long as it has decent cooling and good cable tidy roots and space then i'd much prefer to put the money towards a better graphics card

Nope none to be fair. Plenty of room and wide enough to fit my CoolerMaster 212 cooler. Good value for money, plus you can buy sound deadening kits for it. Comes with loads of thumb screws too. I think it is quiet a popular choice, however if I was spending £100+ on a case (I never would!) then it would be Lian Li.