ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bugs in my iMac screen.

182 Turbo Project
Fack.

Is this something that would be covered under my AppleCare?

It's getting quite annoying looking at these bugs.

L

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
As in thunder flie things? Had this on one of my laptops, pissed me off as they moved to.

182 Turbo Project
WTF you on about?

Pretty self explanatory really.

I have bugs, inside my iMac. They have crawled in through the speaker slots probably and are now crawling in between the LCD and the case.....

I just want to know if my AppleCare will cover this....

Clio 172
Pretty self explanatory really.

I have bugs, inside my iMac. They have crawled in through the speaker slots probably and are now crawling in between the LCD and the case.....

I just want to know if my AppleCare will cover this....

REALLY! - I've never heard this before.

That must be f**king annoying.

I would have doubted that be covered.

On a serious note.

Get a plunger and pop the glass off the front.

d8b0daea.gif

DB.

BMW 440i
LOL! Surely that would be covered if you just took it back and showed them. They normally do a lot to help people

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
Something inside me tells that a plunger won'y take the screen off....
It will! The front glass on an iMac is held on with magnets, and in order to get it off you need to use a small sucker or similar. That's how it manages its magic no visible screws unibody thing ... the screws are hidden behind the front glass.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
lol i had this today, was at work on clip, and a feking thunder fly had got behind the screen, apprentice comes along and say whats that? pokes the screen and kills it, so we now have a dead bug inside the sceen lol. They were faking everywhere today.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I had a few in my old monitor, well annoying. I have absolutely no idea how they got in there. Unfortunately I got that wound up I squashed one by pushing my finger against the screen - it left what looked like a dead pixel. Apparently they are attracted to the light and die after a short period. Last thing you want is one of the little fookers to die right in the middle if the screen so if I was you I'd keep the screen off and shine a light into the speaker slots. Hopefully this is enough to make them wonder out of sight.

The flat I used to live in suffered from damp - I think these little bugs favour moist conditions (damp walls etc).

I ended up chucking the monitor and buying a new one. Within a couple of weeks I notice a couple floating round the new monitor!!! Fortunately they disappeared and since moving to a non damp property I've not had a problem.

Clio
Title: The cool kids told me

I owned one of them Bill Gates computers, the girls didn't like it at Hooters,
The cool kids all had a Mac, they got the geeky girls in the sack,
So I went bought a Mac, it was pretty cack,
Now I've infected it via my ball sack.

182 Turbo Project
Title: The cool kids told me

I owned one of them Bill Gates computers, the girls didn't like it at Hooters,
The cool kids all had a Mac, they got the geeky girls in the sack,
So I went bought a Mac, it was pretty cack,
Now I've infected it via my ball sack.

Not bad, still not perfect but your getting the hang of it x

Rav4
What are you talking about?

Clean your room and you won't get bugs coming through the speakers.... (bit of banter buddy)

In all seriousness, it's pain in the ass and should not happen, specially as you paid an arm and a leg for it.

Screen comes off as stated with a suction cup. When cleaning the screen, make sure you use some good cleaning stuff, some people just use water, I use some stuff from work which doesn't leave any marks what so ever, I then shine a light on the screen, to see if I can spot any finger prints/further smudges that I might have missed out.

Lots of complains about this, specially with dust building up in the inside too.

Good luck with it :)

182 Turbo Project
My house is spotless lol, it's because of where I live, we have a real problem with fruit flies? I think that is what they are called. pita.