ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buckets for 1*2

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
What buckets do people have fitted to their 1*2's which fix the s**t seating/driving position, and what frames did you mount.

I am looking for some medium/moderate aggressive buckets which aren't too bad to live with on a day to day basis. Since getting the Williams and driving Paul's, that was the final straw and the Trendlines have to come out - although please noted, I won't be selling them.

I was thinking of some Sabelt Titan's which are the seats in the R26R with ultra low seat subframes - the seating position does need to be moveable as my wife sometimes drives mine.

What do people think?

PS - removing carpet/vibration screw removal isn't the solution for me.

Cheers.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Have you tried removing the vibration spacer thing.

Makes a noticeable difference, the difference between banging my head while wearing a helmet on the roof and not.

I thought you were chopping it in for a megane? I'm sure i saw a thread by you recently when i was reading up on them.

For buckets, i liked my sparco evo 2 plus seats. Bigger than an evo but not as big as an evo 2 or 3. Really supportive but easy to get in and out of.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I was going to get something different, but the more I looked, the more I was happy with the Trophy - thus decided to spend the additional money on a Williams.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
I was thinking of some Sabelt Titan's which are the seats in the R26R with ultra low seat subframes - the seating position does need to be moveable as my wife sometimes drives mine.

You already know this would be my suggestion. Taurus would be a poor choice for day to day. Those cobra frames do come with sliders though, i just didn't use them.

PS - removing carpet/vibration screw removal isn't the solution for me.

This gives a Mahoosive 1cm difference Jam, akin to being 'in' the road iirc.

Tried, tested & approved by CS aficionados worldwide y0...

:p

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah - I might go to Tweeks on the way to Shropshire tomorrow and have a sit in a few. I'm not sure what's best yet, but I am getting some decent seats.

I've already bought a new steering wheel ;)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
I've got the Cobra Imola Pro's with x-low subframes that Cobra do and their side mounts too.

Completley stripped interior so the mounts sit on the bare metal - nice and low :)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the suggestions. I think part of the key to this is getting the right ultra low subframes, I am taken by other Recaro seats as I do think they look a little flash and a little more OEM but would be devestated if it didn't end up much better! Some people have said Recaro Pole Positions which I do like.

When you say moveable do you mean runners or spanners? ;) If you mean spanners then I would go with one of the Sabelt seats and mount them on a set of Sabelt extra long side mounts which give a really adjustable high/low close to the wheel or far back and mount onto the original seat rails in the clio.

If you are looking for a set of Recaro Polepositions though I have a brand new set never used that I bought from Demon Tweeks I bought them in June this year for my Clio but just bought sabelt Taurus for it instead so now the recaro's are for sale complete with side mounts :)

Golf GTD Mk7
Are you sure sabelt titans are the r26r seats? What price have you found one them? Really comfy if they are. Presumably they aren't 2.5k each like the megane :eek:

Golf GTD Mk7
renaultsport-megane-r26r-interior-seats.jpg
Renault%20Megane%20Sport%20R26R%202009%20(7)c.jpg

^^^The seats in the megane R26.R don't look like that!

Exactly mate. I think they are them though. It's just the harness holes are different. There are the two types which come up on google. That's what makes me think the r26r ones aren't titans.

SABELT_TITAN.gif

sabelttitan_large.jpg

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Im Running Bimarco Futuras in my Daily car, very comfortable and not to much of a problem to use day to day.

Only issue is they are fixed so no acess to the rear seats if you need it (I Dont)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I Love mine to bits, and dont think I would look at swapping them for any other buckets personally, and Dan Yes they are amazing on track, I just need to sort out my harnesses though as only running pissy Sparco 3 points at the moment.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
When you say moveable do you mean runners or spanners? ;) If you mean spanners then I would go with one of the Sabelt seats and mount them on a set of Sabelt extra long side mounts which give a really adjustable high/low close to the wheel or far back and mount onto the original seat rails in the clio.

If you are looking for a set of Recaro Polepositions though I have a brand new set never used that I bought from Demon Tweeks I bought them in June this year for my Clio but just bought sabelt Taurus for it instead so now the recaro's are for sale complete with side mounts :)

Hi mate, moveable as in runners as my wife sometimes drives the car and she wouldn't be able to reach the pedals in my position.

As for the Pole positions I may be interested, but I need to know they're really low as my worst nightmare is I spend the cash and it makes not alot of difference.

The Sabelt seats you say, you can fit them to the original Clio runners and it's not like you're sitting on Everest? Any pics of yours?

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Could I not fit extra low seat runners to the Trendlines then? As I didn't think I was able to?

Golf GTD Mk7
I suppose you could get some made to suit yes. No reason why not. The problem with the trendlines is where the subframe fixes to the seat, whereas with fixed buckets they attach on the sides.

Hi mate, moveable as in runners as my wife sometimes drives the car and she wouldn't be able to reach the pedals in my position.

As for the Pole positions I may be interested, but I need to know they're really low as my worst nightmare is I spend the cash and it makes not alot of difference.

The Sabelt seats you say, you can fit them to the original Clio runners and it's not like you're sitting on Everest? Any pics of yours?
Hi :) Okay well i'm afraid i am unsure how it would work with runners :s! If you are interested and ever near Leeds then you can pop by try them out even fit them and if you don't like them then no worries! I only have a picture of the seat out of the car but even when its fitted mine won't be much use to you as they are getting fitted pretty much straight to the floor and right near the rear seat squab. This is the photo of my new sabelt seat next to the recaro, the reason the Sabelt is so big in comparison is because its the XL. Let me know if you need anymore info :)
IMAG0043.jpg

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Haha, I'm not fat, but would also probably go for the extra large too - just because I prefer having a tad bit more room. I live in Aberdeen but if I ever get a chance it would be good to come and see both the Sabelt's and Recaro's. Where did you find the best price for seats?

Golf GTD Mk7
I've just got a response from sabelt uk. Apparently the r26r seat was a custom build for renault. The closest seat to them is the GT seat. This can be apolstered the same as the r26r ones, with GRP back, but not in carbon.

GT30-01.jpg