ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bucket seat fitting, subframes, existing runners, harness, etc. Advice and tips?

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
I need to price p&p but I was thinking about £10? Until I cost it all I am not sure.
Cheers Simon for your help and advice.Was nice meeting you today. Will PM you how i get on
catch up on track sometime soon, i might be able to learn a bit from you

This is how mine is anchored down, with a 8.8 tensile hex head which is wider than the schroth bracket hole to start with, then a small m8 stainless washer tight to the thread, then an additional stainless m8 penny washer on top of that.

15014291545551613937387.jpg

182 Cup/ Impreza RB5
Cheers Simon for your help and advice.Was nice meeting you today. Will PM you how i get on
catch up on track sometime soon, i might be able to learn a bit from you

Not a problem, good to meet you to, always willing to help, will try and get some track days in again once I have my cage fitted.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Have removed passenger seat, and runners, and the bolt nearest gearstick is worst. Didnt bother removing heatshield and dropping exhaust to get to it, just hacksawed it of top side. May well keep the new bolthead underneath the car and nut and washer top end on sub frame, easier i think.

See why theres questions on the washers, some of them are small so the penny washers come in handy, altho having to rely on washers to keep seats in place if you ever roll the car seems a bit hit and miss. Tight, tight, tight and get oversized washers i spose.

Have to suss out whether to use the original runner spacers or not. some of them, or all of them..

Waiting for the passenger sub frame to arrive from jonfos soon, then in it goes. Then start on drivers....

Have removed passenger seat, and runners, and the bolt nearest gearstick is worst. Didnt bother removing heatshield and dropping exhaust to get to it, just hacksawed it of top side. May well keep the new bolthead underneath the car and nut and washer top end on sub frame, easier i think.

See why theres questions on the washers, some of them are small so the penny washers come in handy, altho having to rely on washers to keep seats in place if you ever roll the car seems a bit hit and miss. Tight, tight, tight and get oversized washers i spose.

Have to suss out whether to use the original runner spacers or not. some of them, or all of them..

Waiting for the passenger sub frame to arrive from jonfos soon, then in it goes. Then start on drivers....
So you've hacksawed off the thread of the seat bolt? Also you don't need to move the heat shield as it has holes in it where the nuts ate located.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
So you've hacksawed off the thread of the seat bolt? Also you don't need to move the heat shield as it has holes in it where the nuts ate located.

Yes, there are holes but Ive an aftermarket exhuast and that is solidly in the way to get to the bolt to undo it! could just touch with finger. I tried for half hour to get the awkward bolt, but it was rusted and i struglled so took the easy option. Can always drill our the remaining part of the bolt to replace passenger runners, but hardly think i am to resell as an original model? Welded plates, sub frames and roll cage will stay. Probably swap out the seats for used cheaper versions