ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BTM Performance/Freds Dynacup on the rollers

Fred left the Dynacup at TDF the other day and I had promised to get some figures for him. Got around to it today, vid below :)

[YOUTUBE]dW07_S13hN4[/YOUTUBE]

The old girl is pretty healthy!

Lionel Richie
who needs engine mods or 98RON! LOL

:D cheers for doing that fella, look after the old girl, try not to have too much fun in it, i do want it back at some stage!

who needs engine mods or 98RON! LOL

:D cheers for doing that fella, look after the old girl, try not to have too much fun in it, i do want it back at some stage!

Says Mr "I'm having it round track ASAP now" ;)

Don't worry I'm babying it and happy to report no sign of DBW safe mode since I recrimped that connector!!

Oh and just to add I'd usualy run them bonnet up, however Fred has lightened the Dynacup to the point that it's got no bonnet prop, no safety catch and a carbon bonnet which means the bonnet would try to make its own way out of the cell if we ran it open. Temp probe in the bay to make sure radiated heat off the manifold wasn't excessive and the mega-fan on high and it was fine.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
If its run bonnet up with a cone filter for example, does this distort the 'real' figure somewhat?

Love the seat(s) in this, and also what TD wheels are they, might source a set!!

Thats all :)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Oh and just to add I'd usualy run them bonnet up, however Fred has lightened the Dynacup to the point that it's got no bonnet prop, no safety catch and a carbon bonnet which means the bonnet would try to make its own way out of the cell if we ran it open. Temp probe in the bay to make sure radiated heat off the manifold wasn't excessive and the mega-fan on high and it was fine.
I dropped that bonnet on his head. Glad to report it was fine.

No dents in the bonnet.

If its run bonnet up with a cone filter for example, does this distort the 'real' figure somewhat?

Love the seat(s) in this, and also what TD wheels are they, might source a set!!

Thats all :)

Not even slightly. There is much more air moving around the engine bay "in the real world" than it's ever possible to create on a rolling road - even with our 40K CFM + of air movement kit!

Lovely dyno that, new control box looks even better than the old one with the rotary controls

Thanks Danny. It's not a standard one either ;) #1 of 1 :D

We've got the wireless controller which has a lot more functions than the old wired version. It's really for remote control of engine dynos but works very well in a chassis dyno application.

You'll have to come and have a play on it one day.

ITB'd MK1
yeah spoke to superflow at AS, said yours is the first autodyn11 to be sold in the UK. be nice to see what it's like compared to the 30 which is just bloody excellent

It really is bloody good! We looked at the 30 but decided to spec up an 11 to meet our needs as the smaller install depth worked better for us and cradle type twin roller setup suits the sports prototypes and Lotii much better as we can strap over the top of the wishbones and hold them in the bed, it's also got a lot less inertia than a 30 which has a few advantages as well. Load control on it is lovely and we've written all the control PIDs etc. for it so it does just what we want :)

Ours has the big retarder in it (I think its the same one as in the 30) so holds 1000ftlbs (largest we've done on it so far is 640ftlb) and we had a few extras in the sensor box (mainly a lot more analogue inputs). Big wedge of cash well spent LOL

alien green rs133
i was greeted last sunday by what i can only discribe as a tramp/pikey.

turns out it was fred.

i love it.

and such a dramatic vid, glad you showed that yellow support going up and not down lol, like watching paint dry otherwise.

It's even slower with an Elise on it ;) On the bright side it does mean it's very hard to crack expensive carbon JP1 rear diffusers LOL

Lionel Richie
i was greeted last sunday by what i can only discribe as a tramp/pikey.

turns out it was fred.

i love it.

and such a dramatic vid, glad you showed that yellow support going up and not down lol, like watching paint dry otherwise.

and i got dressed up for you too! you heartless b*****d, its over! ;)

can you tell i'm a paddy, is it that obvious? LOL

alien green rs133
ill take you out in the toon and make it up to you ;)

if you let me take care of your baby one day???

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Fred, make some space in your private message box!, your over your usage and i cant PM you, been trying all night LOL.

Thanks mate.

alien green rs133
ill be back

if we can source a tps sensor, i may run a tad better

its nice to be on four cylinders :quiet:

and i need an eco map :eek: 3 tanks of fuel so far :evil: