ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BTCC @ Rockingham and BGT/GT1 @ Donington

Oil Burner
Hey All,

Bit of a catchup, BTCC from a week ago. My resounding memory of that event will be the rain. And then more recently GT1/BGT from Donington, which will be remembered for the appalling traffic getting there and back (although i did love the event).

So here we go with some BTCC. C&C much appreciated.

1. So lets start with something that isnt a BTCC car....

btccrockingham2012-0217-L.jpg

2. Next a bit of a classic, but still a shot i love.

btccrockingham2012-6480-L.jpg

3. Not sure i love this shot - think i missed a trick with it somewhere

btccrockingham2012-6262-L.jpg

4. Something a bit different

btccrockingham2012-0642-1-L.jpg

5. Theres always some dick waiting to ruin your shot ;) (a photographer i know from another forum)

FIAGT1DONINGTON-1118-L.jpg

6. Most photographed crash ever

FIAGT1DONINGTON-1164-L.jpg

7. Giant watermark....

FIAGT1DONINGTON-1216-L.jpg

8. A favourite ruined by how often it is used now

FIAGT1DONINGTON-2115-L.jpg

9. I love this car

FIAGT1DONINGTON-2059-L.jpg

10. Another fav of mine

FIAGT1DONINGTON-7209-L.jpg

11. A photo of some dust

FIAGT1DONINGTON-2203-L.jpg

12. reflective visors should be mandatory for everyone in pitlane for photographic reasons.

untitled-shoot-1498-L.jpg

Oil Burner
  RS Megane DCi 175
I love your tracking shots - the motion blur is so extreme in some that on first glance it isn't immediately obvious what is in focus. Really like all of them tbh - tack sharp too!

Great shots as per usual mate.

I managed to even watch this whilst in Brazil. Still love your crowd panning shots.

See you at Brands!! You'll have to show me the best spots with no press pass :)

Oil Burner
Cheers guys!

Dan, im there both days so let me know. I will be pretty flat out on Sunday being the last round, but plenty of time Saturday.

Oil Burner
I'm only there Sunday :(

No problem mate, i will drop you a PM nearer the time with some tips and definitely find the time for a catchup over the day.

You're shots are always so impressive mate. I'd love to know how to do this sort of thing.

Thanks very much!

It's really very simple - these would be my tips.

- Read some tutorials on places like here or Talk Photography.
- Practice - get to a track day and just take snaps.
- Look at others photos, you can find a style you like from others and then using EXIF readers take the images apart - where were they taken and how (shutter speed, aperture, ISO etc...)
- Practice
- Spend more than you can really justify on camera kit.
- Spend 50-75% of your weekends doing the above.