ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BTB Exhaust Sportscat

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Luckily, when I purchased my 172 18 months ago it already had a BTB stealth exhaust on, (Still got a part payment receipt) which seems to get pretty good reviews, and has a sound that's just right for me.

Havent looked into it too much, but it doesnt have the dual standard catalytic converter, just a single aftermarket one in front of the mid res

Where would I look to replace that Cat, for a SportsCat of 200cpsi? Or even get hold of a used one that fits

At the moment I don't even know the bore size of the BTB exhaust, anyone else know?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
The btb stealth is a great exhaust! I had one on my old cup. Bore size is 2.5” and they’ve fitted a standard 172 cat to your Ph1 as the ph1 exhaust is slightly shorter.

You could buy a 182 cat and get that cut and shut into the place of your original cat, or anywhere that does exhausts should be able to supply and fit a 200 cell cat. You can buy them from places like demon tweeks as well, but they’re not cheap.

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
The btb stealth is a great exhaust! I had one on my old cup. Bore size is 2.5” and they’ve fitted a standard 172 cat to your Ph1 as the ph1 exhaust is slightly shorter.

When you say standard 172 Cat, its not a phase 1 as that's a double barrell affair I think?
You mean a phase 2 standard cat?

Your right- the Sportscats are well pricey- some more than the motor cost!
Maybe a decat methinks- then what to do at MOT time

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
When you say standard 172 Cat, its not a phase 1 as that's a double barrell affair I think?
You mean a phase 2 standard cat?

Your right- the Sportscats are well pricey- some more than the motor cost!
Maybe a decat methinks- then what to do at MOT time
Yeah I’m meaning a ph2 172 standard cat mate. Put a wanted ad up for a 182 cat and have it chopped and welded in. Best of both worlds then!