ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BT SIM card

Just to make people aware, on taking up infinity over the phone a couple of weeks ago, I was talked into a £5 SIM card deal for my old iPhone that I told them on the phone was to be given to an 11 year old. So I activate the sim, get and email congratulating me and give it to my son.

4 day later I get an email telling me I'm approaching the £100 monthly limit I'd agreed to!!!!

Apparently it is my responsibility to go onto my account and change this limit that they never previously mentioned!

They did send two texts to my 11 year old telling him he was approaching his 500mb limit, but to be fair he didn't read them as he has no interest in texts from BT. I wrote to their managing director and had a call from an executive level complaints person, who politely said tough. 500mb for £5, 700gb more £81. Worst customer service ever experienced

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
You bought a product that you didn't want. Well done you for being a salesman's wet-dream.

Instead of investigating the terms of the sim card that you agreed to fully in terms of allowances, you have just given it to your son. Then he gets a a text about the data limits but has "no interest in texts from BT"..

So in short, you got sold something you didn't want from a salesman and agreed to buy it. Didn't look into the terms and conditions for what you had bought. Gave it to your son, who ignores important messages. Sounds like you been screwed right over...

There's a difference between getting good customer service and you throwing a hissy fit because of multiple mistakes YOU made.

2014 Clio 200t edc
You bought a product that you didn't want. Well done you for being a salesman's wet-dream.

Instead of investigating the terms of the sim card that you agreed to fully in terms of allowances, you have just given it to your son. Then he gets a a text about the data limits but has "no interest in texts from BT"..

So in short, you got sold something you didn't want from a salesman and agreed to buy it. Didn't look into the terms and conditions for what you had bought. Gave it to your son, who ignores important messages. Sounds like you been screwed right over...

There's a difference between getting good customer service and you throwing a hissy fit because of multiple mistakes YOU made.

I think you've found the salesperson you dealt with, disgruntled at the complaint you made.... Lol

2014 Clio 200t edc
And £81 for 700mb is not really on is it.

I agree. Try Twitter, speak to them about it via dm, they may be more inclined to help you if they think you'll tweet how bad the service is.
That price for extra data is like going back a few years.