ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BT are the biggest bunch of c***s.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Their service is shite.

do a speed test tonigh.t says i am gettign 3.5mb. sounds ok to me.

PSN won't log in. YT won't stream. web pages don't load quickly.

they are a total bunch of c***s. they clearly throttle everything that you try and use.

problem is got about 12 months left of their shitty contract. want ot tell them to f**k off. I think I may try sending them a letter stating I want my entire connection cut off otheriwse I am gonig ot take them to small claims court as I don't beleive they are giving the service that we are paying for. Obviously this is just a ploy to try and get them to let me leave... :( really pissed off.

Chelsea tractor
Re: BT are the biggest bunch of c**ts.

BT business are far worse than the consumer side imo!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah not impressed. might ask my brother to help me write theletter as tbh, i get so f**ked off i end up writing something I shouldn't.

FOr example, I got sent a evaluation questionnaire for a hotel i stayed in for FCS. obviously had to leave at like 6am etc the next morning. Here is one of my replies to one of their questions:

My answer to the question about how bad my nights sleep was:

It was like a f**king prison. I would have had a better nights sleep sharing a rug in an al queda cave as the NATO bombs rained down... The other guests, or should I say feral street rats, caused so much noise with their antics I was close to throwing myself out of the window. I had half an hours sleep at most. This was not to my satisfaction.

tbh, i have nothing to lose to try and get the f**ker cancelled... worth a go.

AK

M240i
Trading standards or some shite? Not providing said service that you signed up for may be a way of getting out of it?!

VW ....
Been there ,done that ,got the T shirt ,long time ago .

Would never use any other services other than basic phone line .

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
It is just such a joke though isn't it? their service is shocking.

I just want a legitimate, un throttled internet provider.

anyone know one?

It's A Reno

We're with Virginmedia and it is jusy as bad.
Things like YT are mega slow, and we keep getting logged off at peak times.

You seem to be throwing out a lot of angry threads just lately. Is finding a house that bad?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
LOL don't get me started on the house situation. i cannot stand estate agents, total bell ends. let alone the total overpriced slave boxes on offer... jesus wept tbh.

AK

M240i

anyone know one?

O2.

I've had no problems with them throttling my network. But then i don't really download a lot of shite so wouldn't notice.

Kinda slow around 4-6 tho.

It's A Reno

LOL don't get me started on the house situation. i cannot stand estate agents, total bell ends. let alone the total overpriced slave boxes on offer... jesus wept tbh.

I understand that after the CS mansion everything is a bit of a let down. ;)
Unfortunately, old, nice and cheap don't go together. :(

Mondeo ST220
O2 have been great for me.

Still have to have a BT line though! And that caused enough issues for me. I hate BT.

Megane Mk4
Not had a problem with BT up to now, or connection to PS3 to Hub either.. Mind you, I am only 1400 yards from the local Exchange.

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
Same problem with me mate. I get 8meg. From 12am untill 5pm I download at a solid 1mbps. As soon as 5pm starts, I can barely watch anything on YouTube. I can leave for 10 minutes and a 3 minute video will still be buffering.

It's a well know fact they throttle like mad. But the worst part is they deny it, and their current advertisement scheme (which I have to listen to every day), harps on about their new 20meg service to eliminate the slowness of the net at peak-times because "everyone and their gran are online." Bulls**t. It's slow because you f**king throttle it.

I was with Zen before, no hassle at all, although expensive and now don't offer an unlimited plan :(

You seem to be throwing out a lot of angry threads just lately. Is finding a house that bad?

I'm with VM and never have a problem with YT or anything like that :S

Oh Hai. x

Better than yours. C*nt.

As theduck says, I'm on VM at the moment downloading around 200GB of MS software and 3/4 of the way through they're all reporting 2MB (note megaBYTES) download speed still.

Awesome stuff. Couldn't ask for any more!

VW ....

anyone know one?

Yup ,service is s**t ,just get passed from pillar to post if you have any reason to call them .Even getting a simple phone line installed can be a chore .

As a few others here ,i'm with O2 ,on their basic 8mb package ,getting approx speed of 6.5mb for £7 a month ,i use it alot (streaming program on 40hrs a week on top of mormal useage) ,had it in a year & not let me down once .

Monaco 53/468
BT are just tw*ts

we're with Orange, good deal, get what you pay for etc BUT if you need to speak to someone its hard work, when you do finally get through to India its even harder

BMW 330ci Clubsport
With TalkTalk atm (As they were offering it free). Had a load of issues, all because of BT. But in the end, they have been sorted. And it was free. So not much to complain about

I would recommend you record downtime and restart your PC when the internet appears to be down. Seeing as what you described (Says its online but wont stream/download) could be a DNS issue

dk

911 GTS Cab
not many providers don't throttle these days, even o2 does on their access product now (not the LLU one, thats still unthrottled but you have to have an LLU enabled exchange), the two i know of are o2 LLU and Be (same equipment).

I was with bt for 5 years and didn't really have an issue with the internet, was throttled between 6 and 11:30pm but i just didn't download during those hours, jsut surfed and it was fine.

was a piece of piss getting a new line in the new place too, had it in and working within a week. Just had o2 LLU installed last week, router is connected at 21mb but as its a new line i think bt train it for the first 10 days so i am only getting 2-3mb at the moment, hopefully when i get back from glasgow it will be up towards 20mb, getting my full 1mb upload at the moment, thats nice.