ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Browsing History Tracker?

Trying to do a bit of snooping here. On one of the household computers the browsing history always manages to find its way to delete and never store any browsing history (As in one user turns the feature off (IE8))

Is there a program or any way of being able to see the history?

A quick google search didnt come up with that much

Sy

Its the adults I'm worried about! lol.

Girlfriends step dad claims the computerkeepsturning off the history tracking. Iknow he's talking out his arse sojust wanna catch some info on his browsing history ;-)

Sy

DMS

A thirsty 172
He's probably using InPrivate browsing mode if it's IE8. It'll let you browse the net without storing any temorary internet files or adding anything to the history, and deletes all session cookies after the browser window is closed.
Either that or choosing the "Delete browsing history" option from the Safety menu.
You could work around the problem by disabling InPrivate browsing:

- Click on the start menu.
- Click "Run" if you have it. If not, skip this step.
- Type "gpedit.msc" into the run box, or into the search box if you don't have the run box enabled.
- Under Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates.
- Drill down to Windows Components > Internet Explorer > InPrivate
- Double click "Turn off InPrivate Filtering" and set to "Enabled". Click OK
- Double click "Turn off InPrivate Browsing" and set to "Enabled". Click OK.
- Close the window.
- Restart the computer.

It's worth noting that anyone logged on with a local administrator account can change this setting back, but only if they know how. If you don't want people changing settings willy nilly, give them an ordinary User account to use instead.

57 Clio Campus Sport
This is the funniest thing I have seen on this board for a while. Your girlfriends stepdad is slapping the bass on your computer and deleting all traces lol. Just tell him to get his own computer...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I see a thread along the lines of "my girlfriends dad is looking at gays on the net what do I do?" Coming up!