ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken

White APE
It would seem ive broken the leather gaiter cover on my 182.

Was at longleat yesterday and when i went to pull away at one point, i put it into first and the whole leather part came with the stick. it came up from the back section at the end. The clip at the front is still in place but it would seem there should be two prongs at the back that lock in under the console part.

pics are here:
P1020021.jpg

P1020022.jpg

P1020023.jpg

Take it that it will need replacing?

M2 Competition
Yep, between £5-7 from renault, takes 5 minutes to fit.

One of the better bits to have busted, cheap and easy!

White APE
Ahhh sorted, i'll get down reno 2moro then. Shocked that it would be so cheap! Spesh including the "leather"

Cheers for the offer to help, if i get into trouble i'll give ya a shout. How does the leather come off from the top of the lever?

M2 Competition
Cut the old one off with scissors. Top has a small zip tie underneath, quite fiddly.

Then turn new one inside out, fix zip tie tight under gear knob and sort out how you want the 'ruffles' . Cut excess zip tie once its zipped up, and invert it and clip in to place.

White APE
Cheers for that big fella!

Let you know how i get on. noob question, how likely is it that the stealers will actually have this in stock?

Ian

Focus TDCi
Aye mine is like this, front clip has gone. I didn't realise it would be so cheap to replace.

White APE
Reno take the piss!

Just been down there and after they eventually found my car on their system (its an import)

Anyway, they tried charging me £36 something for it! I told him that ive been qouted about £7 for them. He told me that things had recently gone up in price.

He swung their screen round to show us. 2 weeks ago this item cost them £3.61 it now apparantly costs them £24.50!! WTF How can it suddenly cost them an extra £21

Naturally i told them where to shove it!

So the question is. Does anyone have one in good condition they want to sell me?

Ian

Focus TDCi
wth, that's ridiculous! Have you tried other dealers, they tend to vary. Was getting round to ringing up myself.

White APE
Yea, that took the piss big time. I will go and try another dealer if need be. I know i can superglue it back in but i think id rather get a new one so its at its best.

White APE
Cheers for that Da. I'll try some other dealers.

Where did you get that part number and price?

BMW M135i
Boo hoo its not the end of the world if you want it fixing properly. And you can just cut the cable tie to remove the old one instead of hacking it iirc.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Fixed mine with a cable tie. Drill a hole for the tie near that staple, then undo the cowel so you can get at it underneath, loop the tie through the cowel where the clip used to go, then through the gaiter, zip it up. Refit cowel, Job done.

i waiting on one umm a month to the day since it "got put in the post" will go back and sort out tomorrow. anyways part number as above and the price i got is £4.52 and £1 p&p think the postage is in the form of pigeon mail tbh