ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken seat runner clip

Megane 230 R26
Hi all,

I've just slid the seat forward in the Trophy and it wouldn't go back. Upon investigation I found that the small clip at the back which other threads seem to suggest is for the seat to "remember" where it was before being folded forward, has snapped in half - not surprising as Renault seem to have made it out of muck metal! :mad:

Basically the back part of the clip is a release lever for the front, which locates in the notches in the runner. The front part of the clip had disappeared off down the runners all the way to the front presumably, the seat sitting in its foremost position and unable to slide backwards, rendering the car undrivable unless I could slip a tenner to a local midget to take it home for me! :lolup:

After several attempts by myself and MarcC with a long thin flat-bladed screwdriver to try and persuade the broken part to get the f**k out of the seat runner, it started to chuck it down with rain all over my interior and seat, and I lost my rag and phoned Renault Assistance as I considered this a warranty breakdown, thankfully the guy didn't disagree! :S

I rang them at 22:50 and the lady on the phone said 60-90 minutes, but then I got a txt saying ETA 23:25 and the bloke turned up at 23:10! It took him a long painful effort and in the end he managed to recover it with Marc's screwdriver of all things, which I'd been trying with initially before it started raining. But at the end of the day I thought it was better if the AA bloke risked breaking it rather than me. Thank heavens for Marc's Miracle Drying Towel protecting the seat from the Tsunami that ensued while the AA bloke worked his magic.

Does anyone know what Renault call this part so I can check if the dealers have one before I bother going over there? I currently can't risk trying to move the seat at all until it's fixed. It's the part previously discussed in this thread.

Many thanks in advance and sorry for the rant! :approve:

Glad to here i aint the only one having s**t with this clip :)

I'd like to find out what its called as well :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I had this also on my mk2 ph1, but it just meant that my seat wouldnt go all the way back (at the time i didnt know what it was) and to say the least it was fustrating to not be able to move the seat back being 6"2, thankfully my dad has more common sense and is a whizz with a screwdriver so saved my bacon.

post any progress you have with getting another as i wouldnt mind one either

Megane 230 R26
Yeah mine started with the seat not wanting to go all the way back as well. I noticed because after my Mum drove it once I went to adjust the seat back to where I have it (one click forward from furthest back) and it seemed too close, whereas the furthest back it'd go was the right position for me, and I hadn't got any taller! I checked with the passenger seat and the driver's seat was indeed unable to go as far back, but I didn't really bother with it at the time.

Then last night when I slid it forward it broke and I found half a clip in the runners and went "oh dear" :S

I still don't know if the clip has a name as such, but I've done some more research and found that Renault definately don't list it as a separate part, you have to get the complete set of rails, but you can obtain the clip (from a breakers) and replace it yourself, you need to unbolt the rails (and possibly remove them) because the rear bolt acts as a stop to prevent you sliding the clip out and the only way to remove it is to slide it out the end.

I just showed my old man the clip and he's convinced it's identical (as are the runners) to the one in the Saxo my sister used to have. When she got it the seat kept slipping and he found one at a breakers and replaced it as detailed above, all was then well. I know it's often the case that Renault/Pug/Citroen to use some common parts so hopefulyl this increases your chances of finding one down the local breakers :)

I personally am going to take mine to Renault and just get them to replace the entire runners under warranty, because I can. I know Renault fitting the heavy Recaros onto the standard runners (which are s**t anyway) has caused issues, I've had trouble moving the seat since I got the car and I'm willing to bet my runners are generally worn to f**k so a new set can't hurt :approve: