ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken front spring

So I went for a nice drive this morning and while out and about I noticed an odd tinkling from the drivers side front wheel. Got home, took the wheel off and found this hanging there (lighter is for scale, I didn't find that in there as well).

photo.gif

Odd thing being that had it just dropped off and so not made a sound I'd never have noticed. Doesn't seem to have made a difference. So, my questons are threefold:

1/ I'm assuming that it's probably a good idea to get a new spring on there stat? Even though there doesn't seem to be any symptoms.

2/ From reading it appears that I'm better off just replacing the lot with prolines (money really is an issue right now!).

3/ Anyone know anyone local (Salford area) who can supply/fit them?

Ta.

EDIT: Just noticed someone selling cupped 182 springs. Would these fit a non-cupped 182?

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
They will fit fine, but i'd replace them all not just the one thats broke.

clio 182 ...........
i have 2 for sale if your intrested 182 non cup.... my back 1 snapped so replaced all 4 thanks marc

Yeah, obviously if I was getting eibachs or cupped springs I would replace the lot.

Prolines are dearer than I thought actually. A set of 2nd hand cup springs might be more within financial reach!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Just replace the two front springs with some secondhand ones off here until the money situations a bit better.

Fitting wise usually costs £10 per corner.

Okay, one last queston...

I've put in an offer on the cup pack springs and a mate will fit them for me but do we need to do anything else what with the ride height being lowered slightly on the cup packed springs? I don't need to go and get it all aligned or anything do I?

(My ignorance on suspension shining through here).

Okay, cool. Not sure my mate will have the gear to check the alignment but I'll have it done sooner rather than later.

As ever you guys have been spectacularly helpful. Cheers all.