ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken Front driver side door glass.

Clio
Hi,

Been a while since ive been on here.

My Gf. Drives a little 1.2 Xreg clio. An we had a wee problem tonight.

I was driving home an put the window down (Elec windows) as i went to but the windo up, it did not go back up. So i pulled on the switch again at which point I could hear the glass "Crack" so now the window is stuck dow in the door.

Does anyone know what the problem is an how to fix it.

Have rung a few glass companys they said it will be about £100 to fit new glass.

But cant do anything untill the reason has been found an fixed.

Many Thanks

Dom.

(P.s Sorry if there is loads of spelling mistakes. Its late)

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Its the Door Actuator (sp) its the thing that brings the glass up and down, that might have broken, or it could be down to the fuse,

Have you checked the fuse atall?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
window reg failed i expect, get yourself down the scrapper, they will probly do glass and reg for £40

Clio
Thanks Guy's

The motor seems to be working as far as i can tell. (Its making a noise)

So I'm hoping it may have "pop'd" of the runner. (If there is such a thing)?

Dom

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Ye actually there is, it can happen, so best thing you could do is take the door card off tomorrow and in try and see why its jamming,

not a bloody clio!!!
the mech is probley goosed mate wip the door car pf and have a look. some times its due to the stupid door rubber clip that tends to fall off causing the glass to pivot. of the rubber bung that sits inbetween the mech and the glass rotts away causing the clip witch holds the glass on to the mech to come off hey presto the glass is in the bottom of the door :rolleyes:

if your round the chester area mate drop me a pm il be able to sort it for you

Windscreen fitter of 7 years :(