ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken alternator lower bracket part number/cost etc?

Getting exasperated with this car now :(

Took off old alternator, and found this!

Anyone know where i can get one, doesnt look too hard to fit but no idea what to search for.

​Thanks for any help.

20130420_120451.png

Lionel Richie
yep that would sort it, ive got loads of those brackets, you can have one for the cost of postage if you want one

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Don't think that kit would work as it uses the part of the bracket which is broken as the hinge for the alternator adjustment.

Fred youre a lovely man but I think ill go for the aircon delete can sack the compressor off then. The only thing stopping me from ordering it is I have heard problems with the belt length. Ill give them a ring monday morning I guess.

Sweet. Will then just need to get the cambelt done can sack off the other bits happy days. I guess with this kit you have to judge the belt tension for yourself?

Thanks again fred/dan

Got the kot today looks good but the tolerance is very tight on the pulley to the alternator. Ill give nick a ring tomorrow to be sure thats the way its supposed to be. Im sure its fine

20130423_181108.png

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Full kit, I gather yours is not then? Maybe the washer comes with the full kit as you replace every pulley, if it doesn't catch and lines up when the belt it fitted I'd imagine its ok, does look close though.

Yeah just got the aircon delete kit didnt bother with the lightweight pulleys. Not sure if it lines up as wont be fitting it til Thursday. Ill give nick a ring tomorrow morning just to be sure. Thanks for your help Scott

Gave them a ring, apparently it does sit close to the body & nick said check to make sure the belt alignment is okay and if so its fine, otherwise i may need a washer. Will see how it goes.