ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broke down again.. More electric fun

well, since my last post http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=394779 the garage replaced some relays and cleared the event log and away i went. I have since broken down again (a fun filled 4 hours on the m4) and the rac chap suspects it is the alternator as I am only showing 12.06V at idle with the lights and aircon on even after he cleaned up all the battery and alternator contact. Both times I have broken down have been after sitting in traffic for 10-15mins with lights, radio, aircon etc all running so I suspect he might actually have a point about lack of charge. The relays going must have just been due to me repeatedly trying to start the car.

So, the question is, have both the garage and the RAC man missed out something obvious that will be easier (and cheaper) to resolve than a new alternator? If the alternator needs looking at is there anyway to test it prior to removal? How much am I going to be looking at?

Thanks