ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brembo HC or Max?

R14 CUP
I currently have Brembo Max on the Cup at the minute, with Pagid RS4-2 Blue Pads, and they have eaten the inside of the front discs, and i think they have warped as i experienced bad judder at very hot temperature when at the nurburgring, although i never suffer from the problem on the road.

What difference is there actually between the Max and the HC's -which are the better disc, i don't mind paying the extra for the Max?

Regards,
Jamie

172 cup
Any pads like that will eat discs its to be expected, max are the same material IIRC just with groves to take the glaze of the pad. So in a nut shell the HC's are the same but without the groves and nearly half the price

The juddering you experianced could be that they just need stripping and cleaning, had this problem myself with same discs and ds2500 pads, stripped, cleaned and copper greased slidders and judder gone

R14 CUP
I might get the HC's then, i will get the brakes all sorted, needs a good afternoon in the workshop to get brakes and top mounts sorted.

£55 is a bargain for HC's, although Auto-nation wouldnt let me order them today, due to postage issue on the website :(

R14 CUP
Yeah, they needed to be shaved down to fit, very very good pads by all accounts, although i aint 100% they are worth what i paid for them.

Will get ds2500's next time i think.

172 cup
yer they are very pricey pads. If there anything like the ds's though they last bloody ages. At least twice as long as OE so the extra cost is worth it

R14 CUP
Thankfully i didnt pay full price on them, got about 30% off them, so wasn't too bad. Yeah, i think Ds's will offer what i want, a good road pad, and can step up to the mark on a track day.

Pagid's are too race focussed for a daily driver - they squeal and clunk about in the carrier, even though they are a perfect fit, and squeek when coming to the stand still.

But they stop, quickly!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Thankfully i didnt pay full price on them, got about 30% off them, so wasn't too bad. Yeah, i think Ds's will offer what i want, a good road pad, and can step up to the mark on a track day.

Pagid's are too race focussed for a daily driver - they squeal and clunk about in the carrier, even though they are a perfect fit, and squeek when coming to the stand still.

But they stop, quickly!

My 2500's do that :( Small sacrifice over standard for the stopping power though lol

Fiesta ST3
max are same as the hc but with grooves.

id go with the Hc tbh for the price, its a bargain.

Civic Type S GT
Filed them down yes bud, copper grease to and still major ear bleed.
The 182's at the garage today having new tracking rod and bearings, I asked if they'll look at the pads for me.

172 cup
I cant believe so many of you have problems with the ds2500's squeaking. Mine dont squeak at all, not one bit. If there squeaking I suggest you take a little more off the edges and take the sliders out

Fiesta ST3
I cant believe so many of you have problems with the ds2500's squeaking. Mine dont squeak at all, not one bit. If there squeaking I suggest you take a little more off the edges and take the sliders out

i HAD to take the shims out for the callipers to fit

260% JCW
HC's matey

If a Clio sport trader can do them cheaper then fair play if not tough. The only thing i support is my wallet Fcuk loyalty and all that bull crap.

Last edited:
  HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
I've used both HC and Max with the DS2500 loads on the track, can't say I noticed any difference what-so-ever. HC for me, as they are much cheaper. It might be a different story with a different pad, as the grooves will benefit different materials more than others. I've never had a problem with the DS2500 squeeling, I run them without the shims, and keep them clean and copper slipped.

tbh jamie if your running such aggresive pads as Pagid RS4-2 Blue,CL,PF 97's ect, i dont think it will make any differance whatsoever

if it was my money i would buy the cheapest, as you will burn through a set fairly quick regardless

R14 CUP
I've gone for the HC's from Bremboshop - hopefully they will be ok. Will go for DS's next time i think though.