ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

braking issues after fitting lower ofset 15" alloys

hi, i recently changed my alloys from standard wheels on a cup pack 182 clio sport to team dynamic 1.2 pro race 15" 7j alloys maybe a 37 ofset with 195.50.15 tyres, they sit noticably wider than standard wheels. when i brake at speed it feels very figity is this normal as i have widened the track of the vehicle? it doesnt figit about when driving just braking, any ideas anyone? thanks for your input georgie.

phase 2 172
7x15 et 37 should have exactly the same footprint as the standard wheels. Same offset, centre line of the tyre remains in the same location in theory. Team dynamics are wider rims but again the centre line should be the same. Possibly incorrect alignment. Could also understand issues if running 17s due to tiny sidewalls, but 50s should be pretty forgiving.

RB 182 Cup
I'm pretty sure you have actually widened your track by about 8mm per side as standard rims are et45 I think.

I also run et37 or 38, Clio Williams alloys on my 182 Cup, can't remember their exact offset. Mine seems to drive and brake fine on 195/50/15 tyres.

Have they the correct centre bore of 60.1mm. Although the bolts will hold them in place, if the centre bore is too large on the wheel, you may get slight movement causing your symptoms.

phase 2 172
Clio standard et is 36. Team dynamics with et 37 has actually narrowed the track. But well within tolerance.

phase 2 172
If that were the case then there would be tons of issues with folks putting 15" phase 1 rims on phase 2s or fitting turinis on 172 rs clios. They are all the same on the wheel fitment guides online... Et35 to et38. Just my opinion.

yup tried putting my standards on and all was as it should be they are 45 ET these wheels definatley sit much wider from the body i wander if they may have an even wider ET than first though as 4 up the rear tyre just clips the inside of the arch when the shocks compress, i am 40mm lowered all round as well, maybe i just need to get used to how it brakes now i suppose it is a little figity at speed just gave it a blast for experimental purposes. thanks for all your replies