ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Braking issue, but not brakes...

Formally Clio 182
Quite a lot when I brake I hear a scraping sound like it would be the brake pads which are knackered, but no - I got the brake pads/discs checked out and they are fine.

What else could this possibly be??? :S

RS Clio 172
Quite a lot when I brake I hear a scraping sound like it would be the brake pads which are knackered, but no - I got the brake pads/discs checked out and they are fine.

What else could this possibly be??? :S

Do you feel anything on the brake pedal? I'm having the same problem on my 172 but also feel the pedal vibrating. It's going into K-tec racing on friday for a check over.

I sometimes get this as well. Brakes really well on smooth ground but feels like it's biting and releasing (sort of sounds like the pads are scratching around for grip on the disks) when braking on poor or very bumpy road surfaces. That said, it still seems to pull up to a halt in the same distance, just a bit scratchy in the process...No idea why

Clio 197
if its cold or been raining recently they will ne noisy and scratchey from cold ..... what pads have you got fitted ? have you inspected the pads to checked for a wedged stone in there or the like ?

I'm on standard pads and disks...never considered a stone but suppose that's feasible. The English weather/cold pads explanation would also makes a lot of sense.

RS Clio 172
Well,my 172 went into K-TEC 2day and it turns out that i need a new driveshaft. The ABS part on the drive shaft has broken off and that is what i can feel on the pedal when braking.

RS Clio 172
My ABS rings and gaitor have come away from where it should be resulting in me needing a new driveshaft.