ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brakes.

car? need a license 1st!

Guys,

Im getting a set of 16v brakes (calipers, discs and that) off a fellow member soon. I just want to know a couple of things..

1. Will the brakes be an upgrade from the standard 1.4S brakes??

2. Will they fit straight onto my 1.4S without any fettling?

Cheers

Chewy

williams 2 turbo

dont bother with the 16v set up. go for the renault 5 turbo calipers and pads and discs, these are awesome. i may be changing my 325mm billet 4 pots for these. if i had tried these first i wouldnt have spent £900.00 on what i have now.

Quote: Originally posted by diamond geezer on 24 October 2004

dont bother with the 16v set up. go for the renault 5 turbo calipers
Er.. 16v are R5 Turbo Calipers. :confused: (I think)

[Edited by Daz on 24 October 2004 at 2:58pm]

Chewy, yes, straight swap.. dunno what brakes are on the 1.4S as standard, but the 16v ones are great! I put them on my 1.2.

car? need a license 1st!

well.. thats what im getting

now please are they an upgrade from standard 1.4S and would they fit straight onto a 1.4S without any fetling?

Edit: Cheers Daz, i posted ^^ that before u edited :p Thanks mate

[Edited by Chewy on 10/24/2004 3:01:14 PM]

williams 2 turbo

look fella tried both, 4 pots are sh*t, track use yeh stop like sh*t when the discs are glowing, for normal every day use, 5 turbo set up every time.