ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brakes for 182

Black Ph2 172
Hi all,

Looking to replace all brakes on 182 - thinking of spending a bit more rather than going for OE, where is the best place to buy from and what should I buy?

Cheers,

Andy

LY R26 #288
I think Brembo HC discs and Ferodo ds2500 pads are highly recommended. I've not tried them myself though, so can't really comment on them personally.

K-Tec do loads of different brake kits.

500 Twinair
Brembo hc and ferodo de2500 pads with goodridge braided hoses are a good setup.
Check Ktec, jamsport and kam racing for prices.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Brembo's and ds2500's, yes, definitely. But don't buy goodridge hoses, buy the ones that Fred sells, Motul i think.......

Perfectly good set up for the road, I've got the disks and pads and will be buying hoses when it comes to service time.

GB 182 FF
unless your rubber hoses have actually failed, I cant see any point in fitting braideds.... Those who have fitted them and claiming improvement have either had utterly shagged pipework or they are talking rubbish to justify the cost of the swap (or, less than likely, they are a race driver who has epic sense through their feet lol).

Obviously I expect to be flamed for this.... nevermind

GB 182 FF
unless your rubber hoses have actually failed, I cant see any point in fitting braideds.... Those who have fitted them and claiming improvement have either had utterly shagged pipework or they are talking rubbish to justify the cost of the swap (or, less than likely, they are a race driver who has epic sense through their feet lol).

Stripped yozza'd cup

That, or you don't have to be a racing driver to have some sense of what is going under your foot when you're braking.

I get the impression you've never driven with braided hoses.

Clio 182
I have had plenty of cars with braided hoses and you do get a slightly better 'pedal feel' especially when you get the brakes very hot.

I have recently changed my 182 brakes to brembo hc front disks and genuine Renault pads, genuine Renault oem rear disks and pads with ate superblue fluid. I feel the fluid makes a big difference. Reasonable setup for road use but....

I think I will probably change the front pads to ds2500 and get some decent braided hoses too.

Oh and I bought all my kit from northwest performance. Really can't fault them.

Civic Type-R FN2

Either you have no idea what your on about and are spouting an opinion for the sake of it, Or you have driven a car to compare oem vs braided hoses and don't have the ability to tell the difference. They do make a good difference, especially in conjunction with better fluid.

TVR Cerbera

Flamed x2....1, double post, lol and 2, why would you leave old rubber pipes on when upgrading the rest of the system? If you need to upgrade the brakes, it's because you have reached the limits of the oe stuff, if you dont upgrade a component of the system it will be next in line to fail.......

GB 182 FF
I have indeed driven cars with braided/rubber hoses and felt the fact the hoses were braided offered little to no extra 'feel' compared to good condition OEM hoses..... pad compound has a greater impact on 'feel' imho

Basically I'd never bother changing the lines for something else unless the hoses were off for what ever reason, ie taking a caliper all the way off etc.
Just my opinion that the time/cash would be better spent on other parts of a braking system, such as lairier pads and high quality fluid.

As said, I knew I'd get a flaming lol

TVR Cerbera
I have indeed driven cars with braided/rubber hoses and felt the fact the hoses were braided offered little to no extra 'feel' compared to good condition OEM hoses..... pad compound has a greater impact on 'feel' imho

Basically I'd never bother changing the lines for something else unless the hoses were off for what ever reason, ie taking a caliper all the way off etc.
Just my opinion that the time/cash would be better spent on other parts of a braking system, such as lairier pads and high quality fluid.

As said, I knew I'd get a flaming lol
totally agree, if it was the first mod, it would be pads everytime. then fluid. then maybe discs (as the new pads would have chewed them up by this point, lol) then lines, then bias valves/pedal boxes etc etc

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Brembo HC or Brembo Max.
Which one is better?

HC are only £45 posted from nextdaybrakes so im game for them over the saving of Max discs, although everyone used to hump Max discs until a while ago on here. Ive only used HC's which I loved, can't comment on how they compare with Max.

TVR Cerbera
Brembo HC or Brembo Max.
Which one is better?

the most expensive one of course! imo you don't need Brembo max, you dont really need HC's. I use HC's as i got them quite cheap, but i've overheated them on a trackday, do i'm going grooved or drilled for the next set. was told by a supplier that HC's are marketing as all disc brakes have a high carbon level!

Dodgy one
Ive got to say ive not seen any benefit over braided lines in the past on much older French cars, Hence why i didnt do it on my 182,

Fitted Brembo HCs and Mintex M1144s and threw a fresh load of VW spec dot 4 and pressure bled it and they have so much power over OE it would put me through the window, I'm also able to make the ABS kick in the dry which i couldnt do before, They feel fine too.

Clio 182
Actually I 've Brembo Max discs since 1 year but I am not satisfied about breaking distance and feeling.
I will change the break liquid and fit braided lines asap.
Which pad I have to use with max?

TVR Cerbera
Actually I 've Brembo Max discs since 1 year but I am not satisfied about breaking distance and feeling.

change your pads before touching anything else.

Mintex 1144's or 1155's or ds 2500. don't use green/red/yellow stuff

Dodgy one

I'd suggest stripping the calipers down, and regreasing the sliders too, I had the n/s caliper sticking for a while soon as i sorted it difference was night and day

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
if you do a search , you will find they have proven themselves , plenty of high powered Impreza's and Evo's running them now with very good results , until these came out , I would have recommended the DS2500's everytime , after running the NDX myself for the last 6 months , I will now recommend the bluestuff as the pad to go for

Please don't compare them with greens or reds , they are worlds apart