ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Question

Kawasaki ER6N
So need brakes on the front of the cup and unsure what to do however I am aware I I'll get mixed opinions.

Option 1 brembo max with red/yellowstuff pads around £150

Option 2 ebc discs with red/yellowstuff pads around £160

Or this combo from ktec with the best pads £160 again

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1148&appid=2

Or any other options you would suggest.

Don't really want to spend £100+ on pads alone as have other work to do on the car aswell just after a general upgrade for road and maybe 2 track days a year.

Kawasaki ER6N
I'm sure I have had it drilled into me that grooved discs are better that's all however hc seem to get good reviews on here.

Clio 172 Cup
Everyone uses the HC's and DS2500 setup, I've got the HC's but Mintex M1155 pads, once there warm it's STOPS.

Kawasaki ER6N
Will go for the hc and 2500 then I think as don't want to do a track day to find the pads die.

Thanks for the help.

Clio 172 Cup
Don't forget is your using auto-nation, discount code cliosport11. This will only work once your registered.

Clio 172 Cup
Mine came within 24/48 hours. Any long and he will ring you and explain.

That's how I ended up with M1155's, M1144's I ordered was on back order, so give me a free upgrade. Almost twice the price of the original order.

ITB'd 172 Cup
Got ebc bluestuff and brembo hc's on mine. Performed really well on track although im considering upgrading to wilwood 4 pots.

Clio 172
I'm considering yellow stuff or black diamond predators they both have a good write up. It seems ds2500 are abit much for road driving.