ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake pulse / wobble - Can anyone help?

Sprint 172
Hope some of you can help.... A have a 172 53 plate with 67k. I have had a wobble/pulse through the brake pedal for a couple of months. This feeling does NOT come through the steering wheel. Last week I had new rear discs and pads fitted and a new nearside balljoint. This transformed the handling and for a while, the pulse/wobble went away (new front discs and pads were fitted last Oct). One week later and pulse is coming back.

I'm assuming that because the wobble does not come through the steering wheel, it points to the rear brakes being the problem, am I correct?

I've done searches but it's difficult to find anyone with exactly the same problem.

Does anyone have any ideas of where to start looking? My theory is that by now the rear brake pads will be bedded in - therefore increasing their braking effort. This maybe placing more demands on the rear dampers which I know are prone to wear. Make sense or am I clutching at straws?

172 cup'd extreme
If its a fast paced pulse then it could be a fault in the abs system going in to safe node, usually the cause is a faulty abs sensor, grease or dirt on the pickup or a blown fuse, bad connection to the system.

Sprint 172
I would describe it as more of a rotational feel - in tune with the wheel rotation, i.e. frequency increases and decreases with speed.

172 cup
you say you've had new rear wheel bearings. It's not unheard of the circlips failing on new ones