ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake pad changing

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
how do i go about changing the brake pads on my mk2 ph3 clio?

they need changing like this week, is it fairly easy to do? or am i better getting someone else to do it.

devestated cause ive got no money till pay day and im going to have to get out the dreaded credit card to get some :(

tried to find a guide on here but couldnt see one. its probably me being dense. and please dont just post saying "google it" because i did and its all a load of s**t.

Stripped yozza'd cup
As said, really straight forward mate. Calipers are held on with two bolts, take these off and then the pads just slide in and out, no clips or anything to worry about.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
HELP

cannot get the pistons back into the caliper, and cannot get hold of a G Clamp till later tonight and ive got places to go. anyone got any advice. ive taken the top off the brake fluid and still nothing, its rock solid

E36 Coupe & Mk4 Golf
Put the caliper down and wedge a screwdriver between the piston and old brake pad should do the trick. Bit pikey but it works

182, Q7, Focus, XFR
The handle of my trolley jack pushing the caliper against the hub isn't the most professional way, but does get the piston back in the caliper..

Stripped yozza'd cup
Just lay it down and push down on the piston... Just make sure you put something soft on the piston face first. Just a bit of rag or something will do fine.

2002 Clio 172
both front and back pads are an easy replacement. A Haynes manual is a good idea. Don't forget to make a note of how the anti rattle springs go back on or it could turn into one of those silly metal puzzles you get in a Christmas cracker!