ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake light switch problems

Black FF 182
I had the serv and esp light come on and after much searching on the cliosport forums I narrowed it down to either the ABS ring/ABS sensor or the brake light switch. I went to renault and picked myself up a new switch and adjusted it according to the guide so the brakes come on as I just touch the brake pedal. This seemed to fix the problem for a day or so and now I have the serv light and ESP light back on. What I am noticing now is that when I apply the brakes the indicator lights come on faintly and when I indicate the brake light comes on. I'm now have people beep at me on the road as my lights are playing up. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing the problem. My only guess is I should maybe try changing the wiring loom the plugs into the brake light switch. The other thing is renault may have given me a faulty switch so might try going back to see if they will replace it as its less than a month old. After reading a few threads someone mentioned trying to remove the rear lights and clean the connection pins. If anyone can point me the the right direction that would be much appreciated.