ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Hose Length & Connectors

Clio 172
Morning Chaps,

I'm possibly having some brake hoses made up if they don't do a kit. Does anyone know the length and connector type that is currently on the car?

Ph2 172 :)

Cheers
Al

Clio 172
Hose between the caliper and the lines on the car - Rubber part that you replace with braided lines.

Front and rear - just if someone knows off the top of their head so I don't have to get it up on a ramp to measure them.

I'm sure OE renault ones are just fibre braided under the rubber? In any case stainless braid over teflon (as in Goodridge etc) is far superior and expands less under pressure, hence why its used in competition vehicles.

Why bother getting them made up? Kits are available off the shelf.

Just to make a point of this, all brake rubber hose has fibre braid. This does expand when the fluid is hot or you welly the brakes.

Stainless braided hoses are different as the braid covers a teflon liner. These will not expand and therefore reduce sponginess.

I would accept that OE hoses are perfectly adequate for the road. But then so is 100bhp!

;)