ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake fluid reservoir cap: Airtight?

Should the cap be 100% airtight? I noticed today that after some prolonged action that i had some bubbles and a bit of fluid escaping from the area where the fluid sensor passes through the cap? It was by no means a lot, but I just want to be sure that my cap isn't faulty.

182. If you are familiar with the cap it has what looks like another section that sits on top of the cap to center the probe. (need to find a picture really, bit hard to explain)

MODDED 172
Dont think it should leek out dude you would loose pressure when braking. maybe you need a new rubber washer bit iside the lid. careful it dont get on the paint work though.

Mine has leaked like this when it has been a bit full. Just keep an eye on it, clean it up and then see if it keeps leaking or reaches a sensible level of fluid where it doesn't leak.

I don't think the fluid reservoir is under pressure at any point, so this shouldn't affect your braking as long as there is enough fluid in the reservoir. It will only be the point forward of the seals on the master cylinder piston that is under pressure during braking.