ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

braided fuel lines - ph1 rally car - help fred etc.

ph1-172
hi,
i started my car for the first time in about 6 months after fitting braided fuel lines, all was going well until the pump started to sound like it was struggling. the engine is standard apart from 182 mani and induction mods.

the car has no carbon canistor, and when the pipe to inlet manifold unblocked would tick over at 2.5k. the wires are still there so can reconnect if required.

the fuel pressure was crazy, a friend who's a hydraulics engineer said seems to be about 20bar but didn't have a gauge at the time. even the return was pressurised:S

anyone know the standard fuel pressure?
and which fitting on the rail does what, ie the one nearest top engine mount, inlet?
the lines go right through to the tank so can't think why it would have any ristrictions

any help will be greatly appreciated, car booked for mot monday need to figure this out
cheers gareth

Lionel Richie
sounds like the FPR is knackered, the one nearest the drivers side engine mount is fuel in, the one on the gearbox end is the return, is the FPR vacc hose hooked upto the inlet plenum?

stock fuel pressure is 3.5-4bar

ph1-172
Cheers for the reply, I've got it sorted now. Took fair bit of head scratching thought there may have been a roll over stop valve in the tank but in the end it was the bulkhead going through the shell behind drivers seat sit

ting to close to the tank. Which kincked the hose when tank was refitted.

Mot tomorrow, think may have start a project thread.

Gareth.