ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BPM Racing - Britcar Season Opener

This weekend saw the first Britcar race of the season with BPM fielding the 2009 Spec X85 Super Endurance Clio.

To say it was a challenging 90min race was an understatement with Hail, Sun and Rain all in the race distance and a fairly large crash at the start bringing out the safety car and seeing 4 cars out within the first lap.

With pretty much no pre-season testing we qualified P1 in class, later bumped to P1 when a rather high power/weight S1 was reclassified as Class 3.

The race we ran as a single stopper and due to the threat of rain fueled the car with 65Kilos to avoid having to refuel and give us a much larger pit window for a wet change if required.

The car and drivers ran fantasticaly and after some hard charging and rivals panicing and pitting for wets we placed P2 in Class and 11th Overall. So thats another pot for the trophy cabinet :)

Big thanks to the team as always and Tom who is on here for coming and helping out.

Few pics:

bpm1.jpg

bpm2.jpg

bpm3.jpg

bpm4.jpg

bpm5.jpg

Cheers
M

M

mini-valver

Nice one dude! Who finished 1st in your class? P2 is awesome if you did little or no testing.....

First race at Brands this weekend coming, should be good. Was at Silverstone on Tues/Wed too, pissed it down from lunch onwards :(

Nice one dude! Who finished 1st in your class? P2 is awesome if you did little or no testing.....

First race at Brands this weekend coming, should be good. Was at Silverstone on Tues/Wed too, pissed it down from lunch onwards :(

First testing of the new rad setup was me nailing it around the circuit roads on Saturday morning LOL

1st was taken by an S1 Elise, which was in Class 2 but managed to blag their way down a class. They were invitation though so we still get P1 championship points :)

Cheers
M

M

mini-valver

First testing of the new rad setup was me nailing it around the circuit roads on Saturday morning LOL

1st was taken by an S1 Elise, which was in Class 2 but managed to blag their way down a class. They were invitation though so we still get P1 championship points :)

Cheers
M

Lol! Break your spine much??? Just driving to scrutineering is crippling if the car park is knackered!

Lionel Richie
no you didn't tell me b**ch! if you need to borrow superior equipment (ie wireless shiznit) let me know, you might win next time ;)

Turbos.
Glad you had a successful race. The safety car session put our car into it's safety map, so we dropped down the order massively. My dad got a birds eye view of the opening crash, will try and get that on YouTube eventually!

Despite three offs we managed to get the last step on the podium... but obviously we did too well in pre-season (catching 1st at 3.5 seconds a lap) as they want to give us some ballast!

Off to Spa on Weds for a practice track day... can't wait for my first race there!

Turbos.
Heres a pic i've found that might better illustrate the conditions the teams were against at the weekend!

DSC_9838W.jpg

Sorry for the hijack ;)

Yep Ash managed to bury the car in the gravel during the last few mins of qualy so we to had some gravel clearing to do ;-)

Aside from the ECU issue how did the car run? Are you confident for the 2 X 90 mins at Donny next?

For us these 90 mins are still a bit too short. We can carry enough fuel for 3 hours flat out running. 6 hours + is really where the Clio comes into its own. Really we need a nice 280bhp short distance engine package :)

Cheers
M

Turbos.
Yep Ash managed to bury the car in the gravel during the last few mins of qualy so we to had some gravel clearing to do ;-)

Aside from the ECU issue how did the car run? Are you confident for the 2 X 90 mins at Donny next?

For us these 90 mins are still a bit too short. We can carry enough fuel for 3 hours flat out running. 6 hours + is really where the Clio comes into its own. Really we need a nice 280bhp short distance engine package :)

Cheers
M

The Quaife sequential was exchange for a conventional 5 speed h-pattern. It was reliable but did mean it topped out at 120mph so it was a benefit being wet!

90 mins are too long for us! ;) I suppose you are hoping to do best at Spa and the other Joint race then... can't wait to do them!

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
well done on the result! is there anyway of following this competetion?

www.britcar24hr.co.uk

Full calendar on there. Entry to most races is £10 online in advance and its well worth coming along for. Get up close with everything from our Clio which runs in Productions to Mosler's in GT's.

Cheers
M

Not a poxy Renault
Thanks again Matt, it was good to be involved with such a nice bunch of people. Fantastic result for the first outing of the year and with the car still in good shape at the end of the race, something which you can really appreciate after seeing the carnage at the start, that sort of thing must be devastating for all involved.