ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bozo's 182

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Hi, I have had my 182 for a few moths now, and I'm loving it!

this is how she was at the traders:

1143387_1.jpg1143387_2.jpg1143387_3.jpg1143387_4.jpg1143387_5.jpg1143387_6.jpg

This is the brakeset I got for it:

DSC_0009a.jpgDSC_0010a.jpgDSC_0011a.jpg

Said brakeset fitted:

DSC_0729a.jpgDSC_0730a.jpg

The wheels are OZ Allegeritta in titanium tech.

and this is the Yanoo fast road shift fitted, for reference the car is is 1st gear:

DSC_0013a.jpg

also fitted atm the the ubiquitous whitelie rear ARB.

Next up is an RS2 with mapping by Henk.

It seems only 52 were ever sold here in Holland, of which 22 were in arctic blue, so it is pretty rare over here.....

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
The brakes are off a Megane R26...the complete set came from Rikus automotive he's a trader on here....needless to say it brakes really well :evil:. can't get a fagpaper between the wheel and the caliper though.
No pics of the RS2 fitted mate, but you can find those in the stone automotive section....If I get up to 190 I'll be really happy, but i'm looking for a pancake torque curve (contradiction?)

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Forgot to mention, it has a Milltek aswell...sounds awesome.

wishlist?..hmmm maybe some buckts, but with a a second baby on the way that might not be practical.

a good set of shocks/springs something like a trophy setup or B14's

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks,.....they are not often seen on clio's.

I fanally put the RS2 on, mapping on Sat 10/02
Putting it on was a lot of seat and tears as i'm not a experienced mechanic, and i made an error which I still have to fix....

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
well she is mapped and I'm well pleased, it is a different car, the torque boost down low is veeeeeerrrrryyy nice.
It was mapped by Henk of fastchip.....he's a very quiet bloke that just gets on with it.

004.jpg

169 hp at the wheels

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
well she is mapped and I'm well pleased, it is a different car, the torque boost down low is veeeeeerrrrryyy nice.
It was mapped by Henk of fastchip.....he's a very quiet bloke that just gets on with it.

View attachment 74093

169 hp at the wheels

Glad you managed to get it all on & running :)

Results look great! Over 195bhp at the flywheel :cool:

Your lucky to be so close to Henk!

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Got me some spax and pure topmounts/strutbrace.

20120706_164809a.jpg the strutbrace

DSC_0731a.jpg the camber before

20120704_130710a.jpg the camber after..-3.5 it's not gonna remain that way -1.5 is what I want, but I still need to get my ass down to an alignment centre.
It is a bit mental to drive now, tires squealing everywhere at walking pace.....

Side on pictures to follow as I keep forgetting them.

Spax are setup with 12 clicks all around as per danny's instructions, and loving it so far.

W

WAR 23N

What was it like fitting the Megane R26 Brembo's? was there any adjustments that needed doing or was it a pretty straight forward job...

The next project im looking at is a new brake set up and if there anything to go by ive heard there amazing.

Awesome looking 182 btw :approve:

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Well I did it.....changed my own belt and at the same time did the WRC aircon delete.
I used the pure instructions for removing the aircon gubbins and it is spot on......only thing I didn't do was remove the whole radiator as the airconrad just slips out.
The heater fan housing was a b**ch to get at though...who the hell would put two bolts through the bulkhead (for me behind the glovebox)
With all the gubbins removed, I moved to the belt.......bloody hell! the tensioner is unreachable for removal, but got there in the end......barely
WRC's instructions are spot on aswell, and his tip on swiveling the aircon mount up to get at the idler was gold, as it hard to get any kind of tool between the bolt and the subframe. Btw, the mount is held on by a total of 5 bolts!...why?????
I adjusted the position of the new idler with the help of a steel ruler on the crankpulley (even made one of the washers slightly thinner to make the position just so)
then came the time to route the belt....didn't have any kind of tensioner tool (what is the renault number btw??) so used the hoseclap trick......not....after the hoseclamp kept slipping....I cursed a bit and decided to swivel the alternator downward, route the belt and swivel it up...easy peasy.
all in all this took a whole day for an inexperienced mechanic like me.

Might get the Pure aircon delete kit at a later date, as this does away with the remaining aircon mount and the hated tensioner (also will make getting at the oilfilter below my RS2 easier!)

took some pictures at the start, but the no more as I decided to crack on with it.

https://imageshack.com/i/ey8HGO5Sj

https://imageshack.com/i/expnYZJbj

Just one question though.....the allen bolt holding the tensioner...should that be tight or slightly loose to let is swivel?
the powersteering no squeals on lock....:rage:

Reactions: Gus

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Well I did it.....changed my own belt and at the same time did the WRC aircon delete.
I used the pure instructions for removing the aircon gubbins and it is spot on......only thing I didn't do was remove the whole radiator as the airconrad just slips out.
The heater fan housing was a b**ch to get at though...who the hell would put two bolts through the bulkhead (for me behind the glovebox)
With all the gubbins removed, I moved to the belt.......bloody hell! the tensioner is unreachable for removal, but got there in the end......barely
WRC's instructions are spot on aswell, and his tip on swiveling the aircon mount up to get at the idler was gold, as it hard to get any kind of tool between the bolt and the subframe. Btw, the mount is held on by a total of 5 bolts!...why?????
I adjusted the position of the new idler with the help of a steel ruler on the crankpulley (even made one of the washers slightly thinner to make the position just so)
then came the time to route the belt....didn't have any kind of tensioner tool (what is the renault number btw??) so used the hoseclap trick......not....after the hoseclamp kept slipping....I cursed a bit and decided to swivel the alternator downward, route the belt and swivel it up...easy peasy.
all in all this took a whole day for an inexperienced mechanic like me.

Might get the Pure aircon delete kit at a later date, as this does away with the remaining aircon mount and the hated tensioner (also will make getting at the oilfilter below my RS2 easier!)

took some pictures at the start, but the no more as I decided to crack on with it.

https://imageshack.com/i/ey8HGO5Sj

https://imageshack.com/i/expnYZJbj

Just one question though.....the allen bolt holding the tensioner...should that be tight or slightly loose to let is swivel?
the powersteering no squeals on lock....:rage:
Get someone to put it on full lock while you watch what the aux belt is doing mate. The last thing you want is the belt walking over towards the belt cover. We all know the end result for this!
The aux belt tensioner should be able to move on the Allen key bolt as well.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Tried it today...belt is not walking anywhere...
I am wondering though if the belt is slightly too long....(I remember Fred saying something like that)
If the belt just fits without the proper tension that would slippage ( belt is a 1660) I have a shorter one 1640 aswell, guess I 'll have to try that one.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
been a while since I updated this.
BIG job in two weeks
new gearbox with diff
new quicker steering rack
FINALLY putting the roll centre kit on.....

Beauty Queen that I am, i have been pimping my gearbox....

End cap painted in Arctic, gearbox will have casting seams removed and get a lick of silver paint (looks good and will make it easier to keep dirt off)

Big upgrades, they must transform the car. Can't say I'm not a little bit jealous.
I'm interested in how the car will handle after these upgrades. Only downside is that you can't tell when the improvement is the diff or the roll centre correction kit.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Big upgrades, they must transform the car. Can't say I'm not a little bit jealous.
I'm interested in how the car will handle after these upgrades. Only downside is that you can't tell when the improvement is the diff or the roll centre correction kit.
Roll centre makes the steering response improved and also has a dramatic effect on the handling. The diff isn’t as noticeable until you put the power down out of a junction/bend etc.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
well, i have been collecting bits for years...(was in the first batch of RCK's I'm ashamed to admit...)