ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bought a 197

3 MPS
hey folks im back lol, just part exchanged the 225 for a 197 , pick it up as soon as my plates transfer over, damn private plates are a pain in the ass .

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Hi mate, awesome! Why did you switch from the 225?

What options does the 197 have? Colour?

Tys.

im in the same boat... waiting for the DVLA to switch plates over onto my new car before I pick it up.

im sure you'll love the new car, although i would have waited for the cup chassis to become available.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
as Dan said, i would have waited untill you can spec the Cup chassis

get some pics up when you get it!

106 GTi
Std 197 Chassis is very good anyway, overlight steering is not - bet that won't changed anyway, so no worries. Enjoy the new car when you get it.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
think he is trying to save more money by reducing his payments, that's why he's losing the 225.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Nice one. Enjoy.

Was speaking to Jeremy and he said that they expect that most people would still go for a FF 197 when the cup chassis is out.

H22A7 Accord Type R
might just fancy a change ? :) also, might not be a downgrade for him, depending on circumstances.....

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
IMHO the 197 is a better looking car, its just not fast enough and at the time of ordering my Megane there weren't any tasty options available for the 197.

3 MPS
i wanted to get my monthly out goings down and i will do this with cheaper insurance fuel and payments, the 197 is not new , its 8 month old with 4k on it, it has climate ,extra tints, cabbasse stereo, cornering headlights so its not that badly equiped lol, some will say its a step back from a 225 and in performance it is but i personally think its a better looking car and handles better than a 225 cup . colour is red and i will post pics wen i get the car .

Clio 172 mk2
I saw another 197 in red yesterday as I was cycling home....such a great looking car, wide & aggressive:D

Lux'd Glacier White R26
You not going to miss the low down torque? Must admit though, the 197 has an awesome presence on the road. Spec it will Recaro's, Cup suspension, white speedline wheels, tints, xenon's, and you've got a wicked looking car!

Tys.

3 MPS
yeah the low down power of the mapped meggy was amazing but was too easy to do and was some times driving like a loon , think i will be more conservative in the 197 , i hope ,

MKIII 138
the meg is a beast with corners once you get confident in chucking it around it reacts so nicely.

also the front is nicer on the meg, and the rear is nice on the 197. overall its a close call but i think yes a 197 in the right colour with the right wheels pips it.

im thinking the same thing as you mate. its just really deceptivley fast the meg too easy to get into treble figures and drink fuel lol

MKIII 138
well i run only on bpultimate or vpower i get 29.5mpg combined and im no slouch.

thing is mines only £160 PCM over 3yrs so really its only ins and fuel thats a problem monthly (no need for mot for 3yrs is a new car bonus) but even then its only £40-45 per week and £55 ins permonth.

cheap as chips thanks to a £5k deposit and BMNC.co.uk prices.

3 MPS
lol maybe im over exagerating , about 23 then , the megane is a great car , really is but i just fell for the 197 tbh and its cheaper which is a big reason too , had the meg for 18 months and i tend to get bored after that amount of time , longest i have had a car is 2 years and i have been driving for 10 .

3 MPS
thats a cheap monthly payment , i didn,t have a depoist for my meg which is why is quite a bit more ( was )

MKIII 138
lol maybe im over exagerating , about 23 then , the megane is a great car , really is but i just fell for the 197 tbh and its cheaper which is a big reason too , had the meg for 18 months and i tend to get bored after that amount of time , longest i have had a car is 2 years and i have been driving for 10 .

same here but i wont be switching even though i still can technically with PCP only way i would if a pearl white 197 or meg came out if they were both white it would be very tough but the extra powr and tunability + street presence of the meg would probably win out.. its a proper hothatch up there with the big boys.

btw what does £160PCM sound like to you ? i think its pretty good for a brand new meg

tiTTy & SV650
welcome back, i'll be interested in seeing it at a meet sometime. Meg was nice but ur reasons for changing make sense.

£160 a month is very cheap, but £5k deposit u say?

My 182 was £210 a month

MKIII 138
welcome back, i'll be interested in seeing it at a meet sometime. Meg was nice but ur reasons for changing make sense.

£160 a month is very cheap, but £5k deposit u say?

My 182 was £210 a month

£5k deposit bought a vectra estate for 4months whilst i waited for the megane to be delivered and then the rest of the money went on the meg.

money was from the sale of my 172cup ;)