ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boss Mk2/Mk3, OMP/???

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all.

I bought a steering wheel boss from another member the other day that I received today.
It was sold as an OMP boss and for a Mk2 Clio.

I have received the boss today. It doesn't seem to be OMP, it has no marking of their name and the only numbers it does have are CA/5114 and then CA5114M. A quick google search suggests this Boss is made by 'Crowders' now the name doesn't bother me although I've only heard of people using OMP/Momo, any cons about using this other brand?

Now probably even more important is that it also leads me to believe my boss is actually for a mk3 clio?
Are the MK2 and MK3 bosses the same?

The boss I have looks the same as the one in the link below but does not come with the silver spacer (is this necessary?) and also it does not have any sort of locating lug coming out of the bottom which I'm sure I've seen on others is this right? Theres just a hole in the bottom of the boss.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Matthew

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Seems the Boss is right. If anyone ends up searching the part numbers with the same sort of query then should come across this thread.

I imagine that OMP outsource production or similar.