ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bored 182?

Clio 1.5 dci
someone at work has two jobs and they said they had someone arrive at their other place of work the other day with a 182 that apparently was bored out to 2.1l and was running 216bhp? i don't know if any other performance mods had been done but i just agreed as i have no clue 1. if its even possible and 2. is 216bhp a realistic figure if it is but to me it doesn't sound like it! i would love it if anyone with more knowledge could tell me if its possible or not but i think the 216bhp is a load of b****cks!

Renault Clio RS182
quite possible to do but surely pretty costly..boring, new pistons etc...if you consider a 125cc four stroke motorbike makes maybe 10-12bhp i think 162 would be closer than 216 if nothing else has been done

Renault Clio RS182
no sorry wasn't very clear was abit of a joke...but i supose technically it could if the fueling/mapping wasnt altered to suite..my point been that an extra 100cc would probably make very little difference by itself.

PB Clio 172
I am no expert but yeah you are right. The f4 engine is already bored out so I think he could be talking crap !

172 Cup
If someone has gone to the effort of boring out their engine, they've probably done quite a few other performance mods first, so 216bhp is feasable.

Clio 1.5 dci
yeah i doubt anyone would bore out their engine and leave it at that so the 216 is quite possible along with other things.

HBT 172 Cup
HIgh comp 2.1L F4R on ITB's with some cams should make 216bhp all day long...

Although im surprised most people who "boar'd it our bruv" usually claim much higher figures, surprised it was'nt 250+ tbh

Bearing in mind that Renault (and many others) call a 1149cc engine a 1.2L, you'd only have to bore it out to 2.049L to possibly get away with calling it a 2.1L. Boring out an extra 51cc to make it 2049cc, assuming stroke stays the same, only corresponds to shaving about half a millimeter off the edge of each piston.

However thin the cylinder walls are on an F4R, if it's a track car/you have the money/it's an experiment you really do figure that an extra half of a millimeter isn't that dangerous over a few thousand miles on a rebuilt engine.

216BHP is plausable providing he has other mods, which you'd assume he would have given the relatively complex nature of boring out an engine compared, to say, an exhaust & map.

"boar'd it our bruv"

FLOL @ boar'd. So you have a medium sized furry animal in your engine you say? :p

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup
FYI. Wosner 84mm pistons give 2061cc with standard stroke. As per above, rounded to 2.1L