ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot liner sagging

hi what do people use to prevent their boot liner from sagging if you don’t have a spare wheel?

Mine has a thin piece of board under the felt boot lining but it’s flimsy and if I put things above a few kgs in the boot it caves in.

I’ll measure what size I need this week and get some from b&q hopefully! Then no more stuff sinking into my boot!

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Why don't you have a spare wheel in? If it's for weight saving then adding a few kg of plywood to the boot isn't going to help much. May as well just put a spare back in!

Why don't you have a spare wheel in? If it's for weight saving then adding a few kg of plywood to the boot isn't going to help much. May as well just put a spare back in!

Mine's a cup so it didn't come with a spare wheel from the factory. I do have tyre foam though.

I agree though, it wouldn't make much difference in weight if I stuck a bit of ply in there

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Mine's a cup so it didn't come with a spare wheel from the factory. I do have tyre foam though.

I agree though, it wouldn't make much difference in weight if I stuck a bit of ply in there

So they have no spare, but nothing support the cover over the wheel well? - How odd. The Mrs Ibiza has a spare wheel well but it's filled with a plastic insert (with tyre foam, pump etc). Maybe something like that would be better than having to board the boot floor?

So they have no spare, but nothing support the cover over the wheel well? - How odd. The Mrs Ibiza has a spare wheel well but it's filled with a plastic insert (with tyre foam, pump etc). Maybe something like that would be better than having to board the boot floor?

tbh, mine probably once did, but when I bought it recently all it had was a really thin piece of ply underneath the boot carpet and nothing underneath it. I'd be interested to know what is in other peoples' 172 cups as you're right, they must come with some alternative reinforcement to the boot lining seen as there's no spare. Some sort of plastic insert would be fine tbh - I was even considering using a plastic drinks crate!