ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot light switch?

182 Trophy. 413/500
I did do a search but it doesn't pull much up. Mainly ph1 responses.

I've got a Clio trophy and the light in the boot doesn't work. I've got 12v across the terminals but from what I've read its switched on the negative so I'm thinking the boot light switch is at fault. Can anyone shed any light on where the switch actually is though?

renault clio 1.4 16v
if you have 12 volts at the terminals then it points to a dead bulb, the switch is on the actual boot lid catch on the tail gate

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I did do a search but it doesn't pull much up. Mainly ph1 responses.

I've got a Clio trophy and the light in the boot doesn't work. I've got 12v across the terminals but from what I've read its switched on the negative so I'm thinking the boot light switch is at fault. Can anyone shed any light on where the switch actually is though?
Are you getting the door is open warning light on the dash?

182 Trophy. 413/500
if you have 12 volts at the terminals then it points to a dead bulb, the switch is on the actual boot lid catch on the tail gate

I tested the bulb and it was fine. Ill change it any way. They're pennies.

182 Trophy. 413/500
Isn't it the same as the one in the glovebox? Swap them round for a simple test.

That's what I thought. So I did. The glove box one wasn't working either I discovered. But then when the car was running and I opened the glove box it was on?!?!

I'm just going to put new bulbs every where and start from there. Random

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
That's what I thought. So I did. The glove box one wasn't working either I discovered. But then when the car was running and I opened the glove box it was on?!?!

I'm just going to put new bulbs every where and start from there. Random
The glovebox one only works when the headlights are on. The boot one should work regardless.

172 Ph1
The switch for the light switch is in the lock mechanism .
Take off the rear boot trim and you'll see two connectors for it , one for the CDL solenoid and the other for a micro switch with in the lock mechanism .
Very early Clio's had a black push type switch that the tailgate pressed against when closed , these new types don't .