ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot camp on a mac

'02 Monaco Blue 172
Anyone used it?

Dont really know anything about it but fancy giving it a whirl as I rarely use my pc but need it now and again so figure it would be good to try BC on my mac.

Is it free? Do you install a windows version of xp with it or do you need a mac specific version?

any more gen?

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
All you need is the setup - which should be on your Mac and a Original Windows Install Disc IIRC.
I use VMWare Fusion, rather than BC - have a look on Google. I'm still trying to get used to it!

'02 Monaco Blue 172
'FULL' as in 'Genuine'?

just noticed it comes with leopard, i'm still on tiger so will have a look if you can install it as an add on!

'02 Monaco Blue 172
Also, would I need to reformat my mac HD on install as I cant remember if its partitioned!

B

Brown.

Personally i went from boot camp to an "outward sourced" version of Parallels, using a "out sourced" version of XP SP4, aswell as a legit Vista...works much much better. and you can have windows working with mac in the background... and the best thing shares files between OS and has Kapersky anti virus built in :D

http://media.parallels.com/video/STM/demo/uk/

Rusty Cup
BOOT CAMP all the way :p at work i install 3 or 4 a week its nice and easy just run boot camp assistant and follow the instructions (burnt copy of windows works fine), personally i hate Fusion and Parallels but then again the only reason i run windows is for RS Tuner :p if i needed to run windows with any consistency i might get bored of shutting down and startin up, but that said Snow Leopard start up and shut down times are wicked :D been testing it since tuesday (yay me lol)