ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boosted 225 Pearl Black

Clio Dynamique Noir
Re: The Black clio Project, From Day 1.

Wooow!!! Just read this entire thread and thats one hell of a transformation!! All I can say really is well done mate!! Absolutely stunning! Love these builds / threads! Car is really coming together now looking stunning! I have two questions, probably the 2 smallest things about your project but, one was at the beginning you bought some HIDs, would you recommend? Also you sunk the sub into the spare wheel hole. I also want to do this! Would you recommend it? If so do you have any advice/tips or a progress thread about it?
Thanks a lot!

225 powered mk2

Cheers everyone! more updates shall be up very soon! as ive being working on it, messing with small bits.

Mark_ I would 100% recommend HID kits,, they are worth the money, and make such a difference to standard bulbs, and also look the part.

Siking the sub into the floor was very easy, i had a seal 12" under the floor to keep the sound quality and then just two small wooden legs were drilled into the box to make it sit level, then MDF over the top and then i cut the hole out. jobs a gooden, oh you will need to grind off the piece of thread which is in the wheel well as the box wont fit inthere otherwise :)

cheers.

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v

now i know why you were having these problems, never realised you were putting a far't in. fair play and good job

Clio Dynamique Noir

Cheers everyone! more updates shall be up very soon! as ive being working on it, messing with small bits.

Mark_ I would 100% recommend HID kits,, they are worth the money, and make such a difference to standard bulbs, and also look the part.

Siking the sub into the floor was very easy, i had a seal 12" under the floor to keep the sound quality and then just two small wooden legs were drilled into the box to make it sit level, then MDF over the top and then i cut the hole out. jobs a gooden, oh you will need to grind off the piece of thread which is in the wheel well as the box wont fit inthere otherwise :)

cheers.

Was thinking about buying them from HIDs4U but they seem a little steep at £100...found some on ebay for £50, was thinking about them but was worried about quality. And i have relectors not projectors...

I wanted to avoid grinding the thread off just in case I wanted to throw the spare wheel back in! Cheers matey, sure Ill find some way of doing it! Thanks for the help!

225 powered mk2

I paid £50 for mine ages ago, but i had them with a group buy off another club :)

You can sink the sub in without grinding the thread off, just dont use a box, but then you will loose sound quality

225 powered mk2

UPDATE 11/10/11
Right then, being messing with a few bits over the last week, First thing was to sort the headlights out, the had faded quite bad, very common on clios, so i set about correcting them, so off i went armed with wet and dry paper, Polish, machine polisher on the end of the drill and a few ther bits.
Headlights were in a bad state!
SDC11485.jpg

SDC11486.jpg

SDC11495.jpg

SDC11496.jpg

After some wet and dry
SDC11487.jpg

Then after polishing with the bit on the end of the drill and some Auto Glym super resin polish!
SDC11492.jpg

SDC11503.jpg

Looks so much better on the car now!
Next was to remove the front tints as i felt real enclosed and abit to dark, so off they came and a few hours later with some intensive tar remover it was done, also fitted my wind deflectors too :)
SDC11504.jpg

More updates soon as i have a new Headunit aswell now :)
cheers.

Last edited:
  BBS and Lowws...

Mate, lovin your car. Just wondering, you havent got any pictures of the front with the bonnet down. I wanna see what that yellow grille looks like the black ;)

clio 1.2

wow you have put some work into that! i love it and its brillaint your doing it all yourself. the only thing im not sure on is the yellow interior but what a car you have! cant wait to see the end result

clio 2000 1.4 Sport

Hey Rob Great work on your clio I really Think you have done a great job to it just not sure on the fury Dash lol. The yellow looks great I like threads with pictures too Enjoyed every minute reading cant wait for update cheers gareth

225 powered mk2

Oops, i really need to update this, shoul have a small update tomorrow, before 2012 changes take place :)

225 powered mk2

UPDATE 12/01/2012

I should really keep upto date with this but i keep forgetting, right the car has been running really well lately, but due to the rubbish weather i havnt had much time to drive her. so i did a few bit which were really annoying me.

As i run a digidash now it was time to modify the dash surround to suit my needs, i got rid of the gauge pod on the A pillar as it was to in your face. so a bit fo plasic and filler later we have this.
SDC11513.jpg

Gave it a quick layer of paint, needs abit more work but just wanted to see how it looked in the car.
SDC11529.jpg

Also had to go to renault and get a rear brake kit full of washers bolts and clips as mine decided to throw a wobbly and disappear.
SDC11517.jpg

Next was to sort the new headunit out, so had a play with it.
SDC11527.jpg

The bumper had tons fo glue,tar and crap on it as seen
SDC11518.jpg

Half an hour later we had this
SDC11522.jpg

Also added a few stickers. as it speaks the truth
SDC11532.jpg

Last saturday, i renewed the insurance, with EVERYTHING DECLARED! which i had an amazing price on, and tomorrow after work i plan to get a massive list of stuff to do before the shows start in march.

cheers all :)

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra

Wow, amazing work! Not gonna lie but when I first seen the thread title I half expected a "jst bough a clio gna spray ma wheels green" etc etc, but no. Brilliant stuff!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

So awesome mate. Dash looks brilliant!

225 powered mk2

UPDATE 4/3/2012

Right then due to work and the rubbish weather last month i didnt really have much time to do anything on the car, but now that has all changed. Few weeks ago i started ordering bits and bobs to get the car ready for this year :)

first list of thing was:
Rear number plate lights
10w60 oil
new oil filter
battery box
braided fuel line

So then things started to arrive:

SDC11671.jpg

SDC11669.jpg

Also 2metres of braided line arrived, over christmas i hadnt really used the car, but the fuelines had leaked quite badly and took all the paint off in the rear of the car, so i made up some new lines and connectors.

SDC11715.jpg

SDC11728.jpg

Also i test fitted the battery box, and result, not bad for ebay!

SDC11718.jpg

The rear of the car was state, and well made me feel sick! i dont do messyness this it how it looked.

SDC11714.jpg

So fuel lines off to fit and reroute the new ones, i tidied the loom up for the fuel sender and both fuel pumps. and gave the floor a lick of paint.

SDC11731.jpg

After this i got the car in the air gave it a well deserved oil and filter change, then adjusted the coilovers and raised, yes raised it another 20mm

SDC11729.jpg

And well i just had to buy one of these, i have wanted to get into detailing for ages and well...

SDC11690.jpg

SDC11700.jpg

Still lots left to do before fast show on the 25th, mainly tidying the engine bay up abit more, gonna get the map checked and maybe tweaked a little, get it on the rollers, Also got a new steering wheel to fit and need to decide which way im gonna go with the interior. but for now thats all.

cheers :)

ph1 clio 1.2

also, could you please tell me how you painted the '16v' in yellow please mate? i rocking black and yellow with car, and want my 16v in yellow just not sure on which way to do it, PM me please mate

225 powered mk2

Actually love this, feel like I'm addicted to updates for this!

cheers mate

just... WOW! epic car dude, keep it up:p

thank you mate, updates will be up later

also, could you please tell me how you painted the '16v' in yellow please mate? i rocking black and yellow with car, and want my 16v in yellow just not sure on which way to do it, PM me please mate

sorry i didnt see this sooner, i prepped the badges then gave them a few layers of primer, then flatted, then sprayed the whole badge yellow, allowed it to dry, then masked the whole surface, and used a blade and cut round the 16v and then sprayed black, peeled the tape off and lacquared :)

More updates later on this, rear interior is pretty much done for now :)

225 powered mk2

UPDATE 28/4/12

I keep forgetting to update this, anyway... I finished tidying the rear of the car up, gave it two coats of black gloss, harnesses back in, Cover for swirl pot and pumps installed and a boot net.
IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

Also changed my momo wheel for a smaller one which i bought off bomber awhile back :)
292637_10151559403470191_696775190_24016122_1178495778_n.jpg

got a few goodies to play with aswell.
IMG_0005.jpg

Few photos from Fast show 2012 on show and shine.

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

Also relocated the ecu tonight, and fitted my towstrap, will get some photos tomorrow.
More plans to come but im keeping hush untill they are done :)

cheers.

225 powered mk2

cheers mate, not much to update, but finished trimming a few bits and might be getting rid of all the flocking, not decided yet, will update later :)

Clio Mk2 DCI 68

Good effort all round! How about a vid of it on the move if you have chance buddy? Enjoying this thread very much.

Grande 1.2

wow! fantastic project! so much more different from anything else on here to be honest!! keep it up, looks great!

also i love what youve done with the inside of the bonnet, and the engine cover! did you do that yourself? with rattle cans? some brilliant art work gone into that!!

225 powered mk2

wow! fantastic project! so much more different from anything else on here to be honest!! keep it up, looks great!

also i love what youve done with the inside of the bonnet, and the engine cover! did you do that yourself? with rattle cans? some brilliant art work gone into that!!

cheers mate, the airbrushing was done by a friend who is a great freehand airbrusher/sprayer :)

225 powered mk2

UPDATE 28/06/2012

Well i havent really had time to update this for a while, so here goes... it was coming upto modified nationals and the car was in pretty good shape, however i needed to change the radiator and after a mix up with postage etc it turned up the night before i was leaving for modified nationals, so a mega quick strip down of the front end was done, new radiator fitted bled the system twice and back up and running... all good!

After modified nationals it was 2 weeks till FCS 12 and i had been told i got into top 25 so the car needed to be looking as good as i could get it, sound easy?? up at 6am every morning going to work then getting back at 5pm doesnt leave much time.

So anyway the flocking on my dash was like 4 years old now and looking battered and tired... few options was retrim or reflock... after a good think i decided to get the dash redone, however i wanted a lower spec dash without the airbag so i went hunting in my spares shed and found my old dash out my 1st clio. so i got booked in with floc-king to get it done! so i stripped the old dash out and took the other one to his unit.

I then came home and thought the doorcards are looking quite tired too and needed to be freshened up... so while i was waiting for the dash i decided to have ago at retrimming the doorcards... wish i hadnt started them but they came out ok and will do untill the winter....

Part of the doorcard back in
IMG_0180.jpg

then i set about repainting bits off the dash as it was abit dull inside for me so stripped bits off
IMG_0188.jpg

Then flatted, primed, colour, clear coat
IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

Then a set back came the dash wasnt going to be ready untill the day before FCS... and i have no garage and the weather decided to be against me with heavy non stop rain! so after work i jumped in the car plugged the ecu in and cable tied my gauges in and drove it to my mates unit who kindly let me have the keys for the weekend... so work began on friday at 8pm i finished trimming the doors, painted some engine bits and my girlfriend trimmed my sunvisors!

IMG_0200.jpg

Doorcards finished

IMG_0202.jpg

I left the unit at 2am and the car looked like this
IMG_0199.jpg

I got home at 3am and was up at 6am to go and pik my dash up 3 hour round trip! so saturday morning and lots to do, so we set about it... my mate has his own business detail uk and said he would give the car a good going over paint correction and detail etc! bonus! so while he was starting on that i was pputting my lovely new dash together.

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

meanwhile detailing was going on check the c2 V6 with NOS in the background

IMG_0212.jpg

Also while i was doing bits and bobs i sprayed the rear badges black and fitted them, also my other mate had some spare fly-eye so did my fogs for me! i think its looks quite mean!

IMG_0215.jpg

Also i wasnt happy with the fuel pump and swirlpot cover in the boot, plain metal... no thank you so my mate who runs deadlydecals said he would wrap it for me and i picked that up saturday afternoon.

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

not to everyones taste but i love it!

Then everything was thrown back together and ecu was wired back in! then at 8pm saturday night she was ready to roll and left in the unit to stay nice and dry until the morning.

tucked up in the dry!

IMG_0219.jpg

A few snaps from the show on top 25, the paintwork looks amazing nice one Detail UK

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

finished interior
IMG_0228.jpg

Then the awards came... and my name was called out! i was so happy! performance car of the show! makes all the hard work feel worth it! :)
IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

Thanks all for now!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

was drooling over this at FCS! Looks great and well done on the award, Bet your chuffed to bits!

225 powered mk2

was drooling over this at FCS! Looks great and well done on the award, Bet your chuffed to bits!

Cheers mate, yea i was reaaly shocked when i won as they had to re-judge the car in the morning as they marked it in styling instead of performance :) first trophy for the car :)

225 powered mk2

Can an Admin or mod please change the thread title please to 'Black mk2ph1 225 powered'

Rs200

insanity! great work mate makes mine look like a turd haha, very jealous!