ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boost !

Honda & VW
I love how you have spent out on a Turbo conversion yet your front number plate is in a horrid state, get it changed ;)

Also am i being blind or it there no snaps of the Turbo itself?

DMS

A thirsty 172
I love how you have spent out on a Turbo conversion yet your front number plate is in a horrid state, get it changed ;)

Also am i being blind or it there no snaps of the Turbo itself?

LOL. I've actually got a couple of new number plates (the back one is like that as well). Just haven't had time to fit them yet. I'm waiting until the front bumper gets resprayed next month before doing the front one anyway - it's absolutey peppered in stone chips and covered in scratches.

There are a few photos of the turbo there, it's just really hard to see properly because of where it's positioned (right at the back of the engine attached to the exhaust manifold). You can see the actuator... the thing that's attached to is called a turbocharger :p

DMS

A thirsty 172
A couple of pics of the boost controller.
I got a Gizzmo MS-IBC like Steveih's in the end.
These photos have made me realise I really should clean my interior and stop treating it like an ash tray.

imagefhy.jpg

imagees.jpg

DMS

A thirsty 172
Here's the current RR graphs as promised.
231.1bhp and just under 210lb/ft torque currently, running at about 0.7 bar boost.
It seems to be holding the boost OK at the moment but Andy wants to change the actuator to improve it further.
Going back down on the 25th of this month to get that done and the mapping sorted. Unfortunately it takes ages and we didn't have time the other day.

imagezwr.jpg

imagejad.jpg

P.S. Sorry about the big pictures. I don't have a scanner anymore so I had to take them with my phone. Shrinking them makes the graphs unreadable.

Not got a car
Spend that sort of money on a car and then having cruddy number plates and scratched interior full of fudge and gunk

DMS

A thirsty 172
If you'd bothered to read the thread instead of being a class 1 grade A c**t, you'd have seen the bit that states I have a set of new number plates already but they aren't going on until the bumper has been re-sprayed.
And regarding the interior, it's my car and I do whatever I like with it. That includes washing it when I can be bothered and not worrying about the odd scratch on the interior. It's called wear and tear - something that happens to 6½ year old cars. Keep your unwanted opinions to yourself.

Renault Sport Clio 182
dont know too much about graph's so whats the second graph for? and why is the upper line so sqwiggaly?

Not got a car
If you'd bothered to read the thread instead of being a class 1 grade A c**t, you'd have seen the bit that states I have a set of new number plates already but they aren't going on until the bumper has been re-sprayed.
And regarding the interior, it's my car and I do whatever I like with it. That includes washing it when I can be bothered and not worrying about the odd scratch on the interior. It's called wear and tear - something that happens to 6½ year old cars. Keep your unwanted opinions to yourself.

:lolup:

Rag week

DMS

A thirsty 172
beaut, absolute beaut. Any recent vid's?

Not yet I'm afraid. I will be doing when a certain fat bloke brings his camera round.

dont know too much about graph's so whats the second graph for? and why is the upper line so sqwiggaly?

On the second graph:

The axis on the left indicates flywheel torque (bottom line)
The axis on the right indicates manifold air pressure (boost - top line)
Cross reference either line with the bottom axis to work out what the boost level is or how much torque it's making at a given engine RPM.

Not sure what the squiggles are about, I think they're showing the solenoid working to hold the boost? It's not fully mapped yet either - the idea is to iron the squiggles out (i.e; stabilise the boost) and the better actuator will help with this.

Looks s**t....

;) Nice work Darren! Hope you get it running to its best potential :)

Working on it!

To be fair you was being a complete bell.

Still need a ride in this dude.

More than welcome when I've got a spare Sunday :)

MCS R56
I'd love to see a vid against standard. The reason...I think the price for the amount of power you gain is very steap but I'm guessing you feel it's more worthwhile when you drive it!

ITB BG 182
:lolup:

Rag week
Nothing of the sort, other than you being a prick.
Yes as he has said its his interior but we are not like others that have huge garages to park the car in and clean while staying warm and cosy in your shorts.
Its flipping cold outside and becomes a pain in the arse and not to bother with if you dont enjoy it one single bit.

Daz, when you getting some real power then?

ITB BG 182
Not yet I'm afraid. I will be doing when a certain fat bloke brings his camera round.
Shurrup slim, i keep waiting for you to tell me when your free and wanting to do this. Aslong as it does not collide with the hockey.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Here's the current RR graphs as promised.
231.1bhp and just under 210lb/ft torque currently, running at about 0.7 bar boost.
It seems to be holding the boost OK at the moment but Andy wants to change the actuator to improve it further.
Going back down on the 25th of this month to get that done and the mapping sorted. Unfortunately it takes ages and we didn't have time the other day.

imagezwr.jpg

imagejad.jpg

P.S. Sorry about the big pictures. I don't have a scanner anymore so I had to take them with my phone. Shrinking them makes the graphs unreadable.

On the second graph:

The axis on the left indicates flywheel torque (bottom line)
The axis on the right indicates manifold air pressure (boost - top line)
Cross reference either line with the bottom axis to work out what the boost level is or how much torque it's making at a given engine RPM.

Not sure what the squiggles are about, I think they're showing the solenoid working to hold the boost? It's not fully mapped yet either - the idea is to iron the squiggles out (i.e; stabilise the boost) and the better actuator will help with this.

Working on it!

More than welcome when I've got a spare Sunday :)

Darren when you say that the top line is boost on the second graph are you sure? as that would indicate 1.7 bar about 22psi?

DMS

A thirsty 172
Darren when you say that the top line is boost on the second graph are you sure? as that would indicate 1.7 bar about 22psi?

It's the manifold air pressure meansured in BAR. Ordinary atmospheric pressure is exactly 1 bar. Boost is a measure of pressure above normal atmospheric pressure, so it's running 0.7 bar boost (i.e; 0.7 bar above atmospheric pressure).

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
I'll check my graphs but I'm pretty sure that they just give a boost measurement that doesn't include atmospherc pressure

Megane r26
cracking car buddy keep up the good work :D would be nice to have a gander sometime seeing as fairly local wicked bit of kit fair play dude

DMS

A thirsty 172
[youtube]5i555[/youtube]

A quick bodge together of a couple of videos taken from inside the car.
Ignore the squeaky window wipers and dodgy sounding passenger. And yes, I know I have a stone chip (I actually have seven :( )

Where are you from Dan?

Last edited:

DMS

A thirsty 172
Oops. Video posting fail.
If a mod could tidy the last two posts up that'd be great.
Here's what I meant to post:

[youtube]u--vGNlOpdI[/youtube]

Megane r26
[youtube]5i555[/youtube]

A quick bodge together of a couple of videos taken from inside the car.
Ignore the squeaky window wipers and dodgy sounding passenger. And yes, I know I have a stone chip (I actually have seven :( )

Where are you from Dan?

i'm from burton on trent matey so not to far from ya very good self pal

DMS

A thirsty 172
I've got a couple more to upload when I can be bothered. I've just picked out a couple of the better ones for now.