ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bolt snapped in axle(from the shockie)

renault clio cup 172
just looking for a wee bit advice, a tryed to change my rear spring on my cup 172 and the bolt snapped on the lower shockie and theres a wee bit left in the axle not much though. is there away a can remove it myself or am i better paying my wee brothers work to burn it out? looking to save ££ if I can as I am getting timing belt, dephaser and aux belt done on thursday. thanks

renault clio cup 172
Enough sticking out to get a set of molegrips on it?
Use penetrating fluid or a blowtorch to make it come out easier.

eeemm not a great deal sticking out, its not much bolt stuck in it, but my wee brother is going to take it to his work and burn it out, thank god.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Had my mates do this years ago! We drilled it out totally, then used a high tenstile nut and bolt as you can get to the inside. never missed a beat.

renault clio cup 172
Had my mates do this years ago! We drilled it out totally, then used a high tenstile nut and bolt as you can get to the inside. never missed a beat.

a think have mucked it up enough mate lol, a will leave it to my wee brother to burn it/drill it out, and hes ordered the bolt for it from renault so hopefully this will sort it. thanks mate.

Me and my mate have both done this on our clios.

Moles grips, hammer and a thick chisel to turn it, drill it out, reverse thread bits.

Loads of options, is a b**ch though!

renault clio cup 172
Me and my mate have both done this on our clios.

Moles grips, hammer and a thick chisel to turn it, drill it out, reverse thread bits.

Loads of options, is a b**ch though!

so am not the only numpty to do it then lol thank god, a couldnt believe it when it snapped mate, it was turning away fine next min it just snapped, but springs in now and my wee brother is going to burn it out/drill it and has ordered me a bolt so fingers crossed:).

marcushookdale

ClioSport Club Member
  rstuned 182ff bg
can you not use a hack saw to cut a slot into it so its like a screw, and use a big screwy to screw it back out , give it a good soak first, wd40 for 30 mins. theres plenty of ways pal,

good luck anyway .