ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bodyshop quotes ftl :(

PH-Lamer 1.4 16v
been on a tour round the bodyshops this afternoon, ive got 2 stone chips on the bonnet and a 1 inch scratch on the passenger door, been quoted 292 quid by one of them and awaiting a quote off mickstokes place. is 300 about right? i was expecting them to be around 150 tbh

They reckon it so expensive because, apparently renault flame red is a pearlescant colour and so needs striping right down and building up in layers.

Evo 6, E92 320d
Monaco blue is pearlescent and i just got that in a tin and touch up pen, no building up. Why not get a touch up pen for the chips and get dents away to sort the scratch.

PH-Lamer 1.4 16v
Monaco blue is pearlescent and i just got that in a tin and touch up pen, no building up. Why not get a touch up pen for the chips and get dents away to sort the scratch.

it was touched up by the stealers when i had the car, but they fckd it up, dint really realise at the time but its really started to bug me now and its too late to go back to the stealers.

Petrol Blue 182.
its not the labour that costs its the primer paint and laquer etc. take all of that out of the equasion and there probly only charging about a tenner for the work lol

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
its not the labour that costs its the primer paint and laquer etc. take all of that out of the equasion and there probly only charging about a tenner for the work lol

I think you'll find it's the other way round . The materials won't cost that much , it'll be the labour costs that push the price up .

Give chipsaway a ring .

It depends on who does it as they are a francise, some blokes are good others, not so. Get him to bring round his portfolio of work before you agree to anything.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I almost used chipsaway , then sold the car so had no need so i can't comment on their work . The guy who looked at my car seemed to know what he was talking about , no bullshit etc ....

I see alot of people on here say you get some good guys and some not so good .

Now i'm wondering how much truth there is in the rumour . Is there any proof of this or is this myth bourne out of one person having one bad experience ? It could just be a case of Chinese whispers ?
I would imagine that if there really are some guys out there who's work is so bad they would have their franchise taken away as it would be tarnishing the name of Chipsaway as an orginisation .

Just a thought !

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
adam how bad are they.

are you sure its nothing that a bit of wet sanding and machine polishing wont cure?

I almost used chipsaway , then sold the car so had no need so i can't comment on their work . The guy who looked at my car seemed to know what he was talking about , no bulls**t etc ....

I see alot of people on here say you get some good guys and some not so good .

Now i'm wondering how much truth there is in the rumour . Is there any proof of this or is this myth bourne out of one person having one bad experience ? It could just be a case of Chinese whispers ?
I would imagine that if there really are some guys out there who's work is so bad they would have their franchise taken away as it would be tarnishing the name of Chipsaway as an orginisation .

Just a thought !
I think it's the same for all places tbh, some have an off day, do a bad job & word gets round. I am not saying avoid them btw.
I have used them one (ages ago & not on the vee) and he did a spot on job (i'd not have paid up otherwise)