ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW Z3? Snow problem sir.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
http://lowlifeuk.com/?p=2268

People getting all cranky cos of the snow. Man up! The lot of you. This weather is hilarious.

8398823372_906246d057_z.jpg

Z3 Snow plough. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

8398824962_2d8a94571c_z.jpg

Z3 Snow mascot. by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

[video=vimeo;57792257]https://vimeo.com/57792257[/video]

https://vimeo.com/57792257

Anyone else been out having some RWD fun in the snow?

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
FWD fun. Would've taken my Mini out in the snow but, Its not road legal. So a mate came round, we stuck some 4.5" wide steelies on and pretended to be Paddy Hopkirk

All in all, A f**king great day. :p

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I've lifted the handbrake a few times in the past couple of days. :eek:

Big fan of this.

Found Zi's project thread today on Zroadster when I was nosing around. Been looking at 3.0i's.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Love that Z3,

I've been having some fun in my mx5 the last couple of days although also had a couple of brown underwear moments when I've found the road to be sheet ice!
It's all part of the fun though

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I've been having ludicrous amounts.

Done Luton to Sidcup in the zed today (yes, that's right, 60 odd miles), and popped out to grab a bite, then popped out again to drop the mrs home. I just drove down quite a long section of road 100% sideways giggling like a girl.

I love having the track wheels on so I'm no concerned about the possibility of scraping them in some super low speed slide.

Only one serious hairy moment to report.. lost my senses for about 30 seconds on the m25 and decided to swerve to avoid some debris in the road, beginning to sideways at 55 wasn't fun.

been running the S4 since it started snowing , in fact not moved the clio ...... 370bhp is fine , though i did fit new rears yesterday as they were on the wear markers , 4wd drifting and V8 soundtrack is fun

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Soon as it snows im out in it to the local back roads, usually hardknott pass.

Although this morning we got some decent snow, winter tyres made it far too easy.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
My handbrake will never forgive me for the past few days tbf.

Haha, snap. The Abarth has a gay beep if the handbrake is put on with the car in motion though :(

I wish I had an MX5 in this weather though.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Is it only in the cabin or does it use a horn outside?

Z3 in the snow looks good times! I need RWD in my life :(

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Yeah out in the MX5hed for a good few hours Friday night and took the missus out on sunday to show i'm the real DK ;)

Turbos.
Nice vid. I got into work really early this morning, which meant i had the car park all to myself! Only problem with 4WD and winters on is you actually have to go a fair speed before it loses grip! I went round and round until i got lucky not hitting and kerb, and then self-imposed a curfew...

484717_10152446196720177_1171282335_n.jpg

Attachments

• 484717_10152446196720177_1171282335_n.jpg
    484717_10152446196720177_1171282335_n.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 120

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I remember my Clio beeping. Think its the same as the no seatbelt bleep or at least similar!

My Golf seems to have crafted itself some mudflaps from ice. Like, so much ice.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I tried to convince my mate to take his Corvette out. But later that night/early the next morning, I realised that it's probably a good idea he didn't. Cant even do a run.

[video=youtube_share;HzwLIUrai38]http://youtu.be/HzwLIUrai38[/video]

S4 Avant
I need better tyres on the Audi. The Clio on paradas is better than the S4 on pirellis, albeit bald pirellis.

Z4
I went for a drive the other night purely for lols, loved it. I felt like Ken Block without the shameless advertising.

I'd say the zed is my favourite snow car for giggles, it's more manageable than the M3, yet so much more fun than the TT.
I don't know how you could rely upon it for those miles though Rob! I seriously struggled with any form of incline, the VW Caddy however has done around 300 miles without getting stuck once, snow tyres ftw.