ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW M3 GP Track Day Video (Me)

PH1 V6
As per my thread below, i have just got back from my 21st bday present which was a trackday at Bedford Autodrome. Well what can i say other than the trackday was awesome!

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?541540-Bedford-Track-Day

I drove the following cars:

Clio 197 Cup Racer (sequential gearbox was amazing)
Porsche 911 GP
Caterham 7 R500

and....

BMW M3 GP!

Now the bmw was absolutely astonishing, so quick and such good fun to drive! This particular model (GP) is a 4.0 V8 producing 420bhp, stripped out and on slick tyres! Most fun i have had in a car. The instructors really let you give it the beans too which was pleasing!

Now please bare in mind that other than 1 previous trackday in a clio, this is my first proper trackday so go easy on my driving lol :) here is a snippit of a few laps in the M3 GP, just listen to that V8! :)

As you would imagine, going from a 172 cup to this is quite a big step lol. would recomend this trackday to anyone!

th_317_20101102_103008_100.jpg

182cup & 172 racecar
Does look god fun,just pisses me off when they don't make sure seat belts are tight,dangerous.

Suzuki Swift Sport
I did the Palmersport day a while back, its an awesome day and the instructors really made you push the cars, would love to go back and do it now! :)

PH1 V6
I did the Palmersport day a while back, its an awesome day and the instructors really made you push the cars, would love to go back and do it now! :)

This is what surprised me the most! But yeah it was a quality day, the power of the M3 GP is mighty! Funny thing is, its likle anything on video, it never looks as quick on camera as it felt for me sitting in the drivers seat! lol

PH1 V6
I really want to do one of these. Looks proper fun.

absolutely immense mate, the M3 is something else both in straight line speed and cornering! Would highly reccommend giving it a go.

wont lie, it felt a bit.... erm.... flat when driving my cup back lol