ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW E30 SR20DET

Right its pretty much ready for Oulton Park on Saturday, happy with how its come together. I had a few issues bleeding the brakes, particularly one of the rear calipers, nothing would come out of the bleed screw. Stripped it down and the hole was rusted/blocked, so cleaned it all out, re-assembled and its spot on now.

Bled the whole system with a pressure bleeder and they feel really good - time will tell how good they are on track. Fitted the front bumper after drilling it for airflow (to match the holes in the valance) and secured the sideskirts that were quite loose..

20111129195706.jpg

20111129204742.jpg

Next job was to sort the bonnet - I have retained the rear runners for now (eventually going to get a fiberglass bonnet), and just put two of my aerocatches on the front. Used the same method as the Clio, measure, guess, measure, drill. Worked out OK!

20111129204209.jpg

20111129204728.jpg

20111129204749.jpg

20111129223715.jpg

After a bit of adjustment on the pins, and cutting the rubber stops to size, it was pretty much spot on. Carried on and wired the GReddy boost controller and coolant temperature gauge up, along with fitting the harnesses. Thankfully the GReddy had retained its setup from the car it was from (same car as the engine was out of), so at least I don't have to mess around with that for now..

20111130221214.jpg

20111130221223.jpg

Then dropped the rear coilovers around 10mmm further. Set the damping all round to the middle setting (out of 40 odd), so I'l have to have a play with that on the day. Also wired up the brake lights and adjusted the brake pedal switch to suit, along with a push button for the right indicator down near the handbrake.

20111130221255.jpg

20111130221555.jpg

20111130221543.jpg

..and thats about it. Few little bits to finish off before putting it on the trailer tomorrow, like fitting a proper steering wheel, and checking a couple of nuts/bolts. :)

TTRS & V50
That looks mean.

Surely you won't need to drop the coilovers any more anyway, looks pretty low. Under heavy breaking the front bumper would be nearly touching tarmac (from pics).

Quite a few are popping down Rhys, couple of others off here doing the trackday also. Let us know.

Yeah, C-spanners are in the box to take with just in case. The fronts haven't been adjusted, I removed the helper springs (which were fully compressed anyway) and it dropped to that height so just left it. Will have to see how it goes, I shall be taking it easy for a while anyway :)

CBR1K, F21 125D
I'll make sure I do if I am around the pits :cool:

Only dropping in on the way back from warrington to collect some wheels etc.

Cheers for the comments everyone. Off to collect it on the trailer shortly, exhaust being made tomorrow, then Oulton on Saturday. Forecast is looking good too :)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I've literally got nothing to do on Saturday, if a few off here may go I'm up for coming down.

Adamanderton is doing the day in his Clio, there are couple already just coming down I think... BrenRogers, Jamierigby, rob91, Jams and a few more as far as I know!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Been reading this from the start, cannot believe it's only been going on for 2 months, spot on! Absolutely love the E30 shape, what with that kind of engine fitted i bet it's going to sound awesome and go flippin quick!!

Top work, a lot of respect to you :cool:

Only E30zone Gaz.

Exhaust was made today, 3" back from the downpipe. Very happy with it, not overly loud on idle and a nice tone in general.

Its got a full tank, been cleaned and a few last jobs done (fitted steering wheel and gearknob!) - ready for Oulton tomorrow. The forecast is dry so fingers crossed everything should be OK! :)

Sunflower Ph1 172
I'll let Jord do the updating as I'm sure he has much to say about the day, couple of issues... but got a nice little vid at the end of the day.

Pics coming soon!

Last edited by a moderator: