ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW 330ci

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Looks great. What do you expect to pay for a decent one? I wont need a diesel soon

BMW 330ci
Thanks. I would say to get a decent one between £4,500-5,500. Depending on spec, mileage etc. obviously there are the real low mileage ones that go for £6-7000.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
yep, 4500 upwards for a really nice one with lowish miles and lots of service history, and manual a must IMO. quite hard to find though lots are autos.

BMW 330ci
Yeah that's what I found when looking to mine. Majority were autos which I didn't want. So had to find a compromise on spec and lowish miles but mainly wanted good service history

BMW 330ci
As I liked the red needles in my compact I thought tonight I would do the same in this. Didn't need the silver rings which was a bonus as they were a pain last time. Looks quite nice. A subtle little touch.

Before:

ebysy2y6.jpg

After:

jydypepe.jpg

Also have the gear gaiter a clean with warm soapy water. Came up better than before. Hoping to replace the gear knob and probably gaiter soon.

Before:

ymyha7u9.jpg

After: (not a huge difference, just took the shine of it)

e4equme8.jpg

More updates soon...

BMW 330ci
That stereo looks nasty dude! get a full size mother on the list!

Already on the list mate ha. Just got a few other bits (cheaper) I want first. Then going to look into getting either an eonon or andrive. Just it works fine ATM with the USB in the glovebox. But it will be changed.

I like the red needles too. How do you do them just pull them off and paint them? Youd have to rip the dash off? Also the coolant needle ia still white lol

BMW 330ci
I like the red needles too. How do you do them just pull them off and paint them? Youd have to rip the dash off? Also the coolant needle ia still white lol

Thanks mate, with the needles you can just take the instrument cluster out. Two screws then pull the wires out the back and out it comes. Then theres a few screws round the cluster and it comes apart. Was easy after doing it on the compact.

Its not, its just the angle I took the photo. They are all red.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Love these and definitely best colour. If they were a bit cheaper I'd get one myself.

What sort of MPG you getting?

BMW 330ci
Yeah defo is the best colour. There not that expensive really.

About 20-25MPG going off the clock not figuring it out properly.

It just screams I drive a bmw and I am definitely a c**t better than silver!

Saying that It is a nice colour. Have any other work planned?

BMW 330ci
It just screams I drive a bmw and I am definitely a c**t better than silver!

Saying that It is a nice colour. Have any other work planned?

Lol fair enough.

Yeah quite a bit. Want to tidy the inside up first. Then maybe look at changing the wheels.

BMW 330ci
So phoned up the BMW garage by my house and queried about the gear knob and the cup holders. To my delight they said I could pick them up at 4, I only phoned at 12. Pretty impressive service and not too expensive considering, believe they was more on eBay.

So the gear knob, previous gear knob is in previous posts. I had the bluetooth holder but seen as I have an aftermarket stereo it's pretty pointless. Had the sliding tray in the compact so wanted the cup holders in this as it was annoying not having any. Also it holds my phone quite well too.

Gave the steering wheel a clean with warm soapy water. Came up a treat.

Pics are all below:

Gear knob before:

bu3y4yse.jpg

After:

rupa4e5u.jpg

gatamehu.jpg

Phone holder:

rane9ahy.jpg

Started peeling and looked terrible

yvu7utu8.jpg

Cup holders:

humuzeze.jpg

ava9y6ur.jpg

pe2u6a3e.jpg

y9e4u2yz.jpg

Hopefully next thing will be the heater relocation, also going to paint the brake callipers black, and want to give it a good detail. So more updates soon.....

Thanks

BMW 330ci
Yeah I actually prefer it to the sliding tray as I can still hold my phone in it and I thought the tray look cheap tbh

I got the cupholders and added a switch in for the BT pairing so that I could throw the tray away. Added aux and usb charging too

una9ezyj.jpg

Swift Sport
I keep looking at these, but prices vary massively and there isn't many 330 M-Sports in manual about considering. I should buy one before I buy something crap like an MG Rover.

BMW 330ci
There is quite a variation in prices, some are ridiculously over priced. I found it was hard to find a 330 petrol manual, then in this colour and with a decent spec. So when I found this and I managed to get the price down. And when I got there I knew I had to have it and it was a good one. Would definitely recommend one.

Swift Sport
In your opinion, how much is a clean manual 330 M-Sport worth? Not fussed about colour or spec as long as it's tidy.

BMW 330ci
Not being worried about spec or colour. I would say you could get one for £3000-£4000 for a good tidy one. Again though depends on mileage,SH and facelift or preface lift ?

Nice upgrade!

Couple of quick questions, on your Compact who retrimed the wheel? Looks ace.

What did you use on the shadowline as mine has some weird oily texture that nobody can get off :(

Swift Sport
Not being worried about spec or colour. I would say you could get one for £3000-£4000 for a good tidy one. Again though depends on mileage,SH and facelift or preface lift ?

I just want 3.0 RWD tbh. I feel like I've grown out of hot hatches so I'm looking at bigger, comfier cars. The 330 sounds like it could keep me entertained whilst being sensible and comfortable too.

BMW 330ci
Thank you. I'm really pleased with if.

A guy called Jack at Royal Steering Wheels. Very well spoke of on e46Zone. I really did love that wheel was hoping to keep it but the buyer wanted it so let it go. The wheel in this is actually decent after a clean with hot soapy water. Bit gutted really ha. As I really wanted to get it re trimmed.

I just used a DAS 6 with a mixture of black, white and orange hexlogic pads. Started of with black to see how bad it was then dependant on how bad varied the grade. With the compound I used menzerma. And mixed until I found a good solution and it vanished :) but a picture....
5atu5ude.jpg

BMW 330ci
I just want 3.0 RWD tbh. I feel like I've grown out of hot hatches so I'm looking at bigger, comfier cars. The 330 sounds like it could keep me entertained whilst being sensible and comfortable too.

Then I would say this would be a great choice. I cannot compare to a hot hatch as I've never had one. But this is great plenty of power, sounds awesome when you put your foot down (unfortunately the MPG goes faster that the MPH ha) but the noise is addictive. But it's also a great cruiser and so comfy.

Sweet! I'll bare that in mind.

Really tempted to get a retrim on mine its in perfect condition but would like some alcantara or perforated leather.

BMW 330ci
Pretty easy to do tbh. I was amazed at the results didn't expect it to come up so great.

I really loved mine. The perforated leather was great. The main thing I liked was how it was thickened up. Really chunky. Maybe I will get it done in the future. Not too expensive really.